Priyanka Chopra is an Indian actress, singer, film producer, philanthropist, and the winner of the Miss World 2000 pageant. She was born on 18 July 1982 in Jamshedpur, Bihar (now in Jharkhand). One of India’s highest-paid and most popular celebrities, Chopra has received numerous awards, including a National Film Award and five Filmfare Awards.In 2016, the Government of India honored her with the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, and Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world. Bollywood debut in The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003).
She played the leading lady in the box-office hits Andaaz (2003) and Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004), and received critical acclaim for her breakout role in the 2004 thriller Aitraaz. In 2006, Chopra established herself as a leading actress of Indian cinema with starring roles in the top-grossing productions Krrish and Don. After undergoing lot of ups down in her acting career, finally the versatile actress got what she deserved. Her blockbuster movies like- Dil Dhadakne do with Ranveer Singh and Farhan Akhtar,Bajirao Mastani opposite Deepika Padukon and Ranveer Singh, Jal Gangaajal, Baywatch, The Sky is pink.
In addition to her acting career, Chopra is noted for her philanthropic work. She has worked with UNICEF for the last ten years and was appointed as the national and global UNICEF Good will Ambassador for Child Rights in 2010 and 2016 respectively. As a recording artist, she has released three singles. She is also the founder of the production company Purple Pebble Pictures, which released the acclaimed Marathi comedy-drama Ventilator (2016).
Priyanka Chopra’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||18th July 1982|
|Country||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India|
|Net Worth||50 million USD|
|Nick Name||Piggy Chops, PC, Sunshine, Mimi|
|Profession/Occupation||Actress, Model, Singer, Endorser|
|Language Known||Hindi. English|
|Debut Movie||Tamil- Thamizhan (2002)
Hindi- The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003)
English- Baywatch (2017)
|Debut TV||English- Quantico (2016 present, in lead)|
|Debut Song||Ullathai Killathe (2002, Tamil film- Thamizhan)|
|Net Worth||$32 millions|
|Salary||9-10 crores/per film (INR), $4 million/year for TV shows (USR)|
|School||La Martiniere Girls School, Lucknow|
|St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly|
|Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts|
|John F, Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids, Lowa, Linn|
|Army School, Bareilly|
|College||Jai Hind College and Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai|
|Mother||Madhu Chopra (Physician in Indian Army)|
|Father||Lok Ashok Chopra (Physician in Indian Army)|
|Sibling||Siddhartha Chopra (Younger brother)|
|Girlfriend/Boyfriend Dated||Aseem Merchant (Actor)
Akshay Kumar (Actor)
Harman Baweja (Actor)
Shah Rukh Khan (Actor, Rumored)
Shahid Kapoor (Actor)
|– in cms||169 cm|
|-in meters||1.69 m|
|-in feet inches||5’61/2|
|-in KG||55 kg|
|-in Pounds||121 lbs|
|– Waist||28 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||35 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||9 US|
|Favorite Food||French Fires, Risotto, Burgers, Chicken/Mutton, Fish Curry, Sarson Ka Saag, Bourbon Biscuit, Red Velvet Cake|
|Favorite Film||Bollywood- Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi
Hollywood- Jerry Maguire, Pretty Woman, Walk in the Clouds.
|Favorite Destination||Peris, Brazil, Mexico|
|Favorite Actor||Tom Hardy, Matthew Macconaughey, Mel Gibson, Shah Rukh Khan, Kishore Kumar, Dharmendra|
|Favorite Actress||Rekha, Sushmita Sen|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Singing, Writing Poems, Reading, Photography|
|Cars Collection||Rolls Royce Ghost, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes Benz E Class and BMW 7 Series|
Dabur Amla Hair Old, Vatika Shampoo, Nokia, Asmi Diamond Jewelry, Samsung, Coolpad, Pearls, Nivea, Pepsi, Fizz, Nikon Camera, Pantene Shampoo etc.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- Priyanka Chopra’s ‘bare-legged’ meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Berlin made a lot of negative talk on social media.
- After the rumors of her alleged affairs with Akshay Kumar, they decided not to worked together post Waqt.
- PC alleged affair with SRK created a lot of controversy. Her regular visit to Shah Rukh Khan’s home Mannat and also at various events miffed his wife Gauri Khan and after that Gauri made it clear that she didn’t want her husband to work with Priyanka Chopra anymore.
- Her magazine cover attracted a lot of flak on social media and otherwise for her extremely flawless armpits which she proved are indeed perfect with a post on her official Instagram account. People claimed it to be photoshopped.
- Priyanka Chopra’s first movie as a producer has apparently left regional cinema furious over its ‘raunchy and obscene’ content.
- Due to her parents’ occupations the family relocated to a number of places in India, including Delhi, Chandigarh, Ambala, Ladakh, Lucknow, Bareilly, and Pune.
- At the age of thirteen, Chopra moved to the United States to study, living with her aunt, and attending schools in Newton, Massachusetts, and Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- During her high-school years, she participated and won the local “May Queen” beauty pageant.
- At age of 18, she won the Femina Miss India contest in 2000, where Shah Rukh Khan was one of the judges.
- She was supposed to make her Hindi-debut with the film Ek Haseena Ek Deewana, opposite Govinda, but the film however got shelved.
- Priyanka Chopra’s nickname Piggy Chops was given by Abishek Bachchan during the shooting of the film Bluffmaster.
- She is trained singer in western classical music and released her first single, In My City, in US in September 2012.
- PC is gadget freak and love collecting camera.
- It is said that she has underwent a series of surgeries to enhance her nose and lips.
- She is the first Indian actress whose foot impression was taken in Ital’s famous Salvatore Ferragamo Museam.
- She is a pet lover or more specifically she is a dog lover.
- The age difference between her husband and Priyanka made great deal of trolling on social sites, however she never gave a damn about it.
- The tweet about not bursting crackers on diwali too attracted lots of troll as she was seen smoking in one of her latest posts on instagram.
- 2016: Padma Shri
- 2016: Times “100 Most Influential People in the World”.
- 2008: National Film Award- Best Actress for Fashion
- 2004: Filmfare Best Female Debut- Andaaz
- 2005: Filmfare Best Performance in a Negative Role- Aitraaz
- 2009: Filmfare Best Actress Award- Faishion
- 2012: Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress Award- 7 Khoon Maaf
- 2016: Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award- Bajirao Mastani
- 2007: IIFA Best On-Screen Beauty- Krrish
- 2009: IIFA Best Actress- Fashion
- 2016: IIFA Woman of the Year
- 2016: IIFA Best Supporting Actress- Bajirao Mastani
- 2016: People’s Choice Award- “Favourite Actress In A New TV Series” – Quantico
|Address||Green Acres at Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri, Mumbai|
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile