Bipasa Basu is an Indian film actress and model known for her work in Hindi films. She has also appeared in Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and English language films. Born in Delhi and raised in Kolkata, Basu won the Godrej Cinthol Supermodel contest in 1996 and later pursued a successful career as a fashion model. She then began receiving offers for film roles. She made her acting debut negatively in the moderately successful thriller Ajnabee (2001), which won her the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. Bipasa Basu’s first leading role was in the blockbuster horror film Raaz (2002).
Bipasha Basu turns 42 years old (age) in 2021 and celebrated her birthday on 7th January with her family and husband Karan Singh Grover. She also considered the “Sexiest Woman in Asia” by UK magazine Eastern Eye and ranked 8th in 50 most desirable women in 2011 by Times of India.
Basu achieved further success with starring roles in six of India’s annually top-grossing productions—the comedies No Entry (2005), Phir Hera Pheri (2006), and All the Best: Fun Begins (2009), the action-adventure Dhoom 2(2006), the action thriller Race (2008) and the horror thriller Raaz 3D (2012).
One of the most popular and highest-paid actresses in India, Bipasa Basu is the recipient of numerous accolades, including one Filmfare Award, among six nominations. Particularly known for her work in the thriller and horror film genres, she is frequently cited in the media as a sex symbol. In addition to acting in films, Basu is a fitness enthusiast and has featured in several fitness videos.
She appeared in a romantic horror film by Bhushan Patel named Alone (2015) and starred alongside Karan Singh Grover. Bipasha Basu had a long-term high-profile relationship with John Abraham; later, she married actor Karan Singh Grover in 2016. She also committed alongside her husband Karan Singh Grover in 2020 for the second time in the criminal drama series named Dangerous.
Bipasa Basu’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||7 January 1979 (41 Years)|
|Country||New Delhi, India|
|Height||5ft 7in,170cm,1.70 m|
|Weight||57 kg,125 lbs|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Father||HIrak Basu (Engineer)|
|Mother||Mamta Base (homemaker)|
|Spouse||Karan Singh Grover (Actor)|
|Net Worth||15 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Hindi- Ajnabee (2001)|
Telugu- Takkari Donga (2002)
|Debut TV||Darr Sabko Lagta Hai- Host (2015-16)|
|School||Apeejay High School, Delhi (1st – 4th std.)|
Bhavan’s Gangabux Kanoria Vidyamandir, Bidhannagar, Kolkatta (5th– 12th std.)
|College||Bhawanipur Education Society College, Kolkata (Drop out)|
|Favourite Food||Biryani, the Poshto, Motichoor Laddu|
|Favourite Actor||Brad Pitt, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Priyanka Chopra|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Dancing, Reading, Yoga, Gym|
|Likes||Swimming, Visiting Kolkata, Doing work-out|
|Dislikes||Waiting in the sets after putting on makeup|
|Cars Collection||Audi Q7, Mercedes S-class, Volkswagen Beetle|
View this post on Instagram
- NY Lotto, Dabur Honey, Gili Diamond Jewellery
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- A tape, in which a well-known Indian politician was talking to a girl named Bipasha in an explicit manner, moreover, her voice was also like Bipasha Basu. Later, the politician denied it and said it was some other girl named Bipasha and not the actress.
- Bipasa Basu left the promotion of her film ‘Hamshakals’ in 2014 because of some issues with producer Sajid Khan.
- She isn’t a brand-obsessed person; she buys her clothes from roadside stores.
- She started her modelling career at the age of 17.
- Bipasa Basu is an advocate of physical fitness. In 2010 she released her first fitness DVD called Love Yourself, which emphasized being strong, healthy, and loving oneself.
- Her name means- Deep, Dark, and Desire.
- Basu ranked 8 in The Times of India’50 most desirable women in 2011, ranked 13 in 2012, and ranked 7 in 2013.
- UK magazine Eastern Eye named her the “Sexiest Woman in Asia” in 2005 and 2007.
- One of the Godrej Cinthol Supermodel Contest judges in which Basu participated, Vinod Khanna, wanted to launch her alongside his son Akshaye Khanna in Himalay Putra. Still, she felt she was too young and declined the role.
- Bipasa Basu was also offered a role in Refugeeopposite Sunil Shetty, which she declined.
- She starred alongside her husband Karan Singh Grover for a crime thriller in 2020.
|2001||Filmfare Best Debut Award- Ajnabee|
|2002||IIFA Style Diva of the Year|
|2002||Stardust Best Actress in a Thriller or Action Award- Dum Maaro Dum|
|2003||Zee Cine Award Dynamic Duo(shared with Dino Morea)- Raaz|
|2003||MTV Most Stylish Awards|
|2005||Asian Sexiest Asian Women Award|
|2006||NDTV Fittest Star Award|
|2006||GIFA Best Actress critics- Corporate|
|2006||Asian Sexiest Asian Women|
|2007||GIFA Best Actress Award- Corporate|
|2010||Anandalok Puraskar Best Actress Awards- Corporate|
|2012||Durban International Film Festival for Best Actress (Critic)- Shop Charitro Jalopnik|
|2012||The Global Indian Film and Television Style Icon Award|
|2013||Stardust Style Icon Of the year|
|2016||Geospace Asiaspa Best Actress Awards- Alone|
|Address||105/B, Ashiyana Estate, John Baptist Road, Bandra, Mumbai|
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile