Anushka Sharma is an Indian film actress, producer and model. She was born on 1 May 1988 in Ayodhya, India. Sharma had her first modelling assignment for the fashion designer Wendell Rodricks in 2007 and later moved to Mumbai to pursue a full-time career. She was a model before emerging as a renowned actress. Anushka Sharma was nominated in Les Vamps Show as Wendell Rodricks’s final model and made her first debut in the modelling field. Anushka has also done numerous campaigns for Whisper, Silk and shine, Nathella jewellery etc.
Following a successful audition at Yash Raj Films, she made her screen debut opposite Shah Rukh Khan in the blockbuster romance Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi in 2008. Band Baaja Baaraat (2010) and Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012); the latter won her a Best Supporting Actress award at Filmfare. She had her biggest commercial successes with the roles of a television reporter in the religious satire PK (2014) and a wrestler in the sports drama Sultan (2016). Sharma received critical praise for her 2015 crime thriller NH10, which also marked her production debut. The 2016 romantic drama Ae Dil Hai Mushkil earned her several awards and nominations.
She appeared on Zero (2018) alongside Shah Rukh Khan and was also applauded for her movie Pari (2018), a horror movie, Jhulan Goswami Biopic (2021). She was applauded for the series Patal Lok that emerged under her banner.
Anushka Sharma’s Basic Personal Info
|Name ||Anushka Sharma|
|Born ||1 May 1988 (32 Years)|
|Profession ||Actress, Model|
|Birth Sign ||Taurus|
|Country ||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height ||5ft 5in ,165 cm,1.60 m|
|Weight ||55 kg,119 lbs|
|Hair Color ||Black|
|Eye Color ||Hazel|
|Father ||Ajay Kumar Sharma (Army Officer)|
|Mother ||Ashima Sharma|
|Spouse ||Virat Kohli|
|Net Worth ||16 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008)|
|School||Army School, Bengaluru|
|College||Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru|
|Body Measurements|| |
|Favourite Food||Butter Chicken|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood: Jab We Met, Chak De! India, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Dil Se|
Hollywood: The Shawshank Redemption, Life is Beautiful, In the Mood for the Love, Fish Tank
|Favourite Destination||Goa, The Himalayas|
|Favourite Color||White, Black, Navy Blue, Grey|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Rani Mukherji|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Cars Collection ||Ranger Rover SUV|
- 7up Nimbooz Masala Soda, Nivea, Spinz Talc, Colgate Active Salt, Pantene, Silk & Shine, Whisper, Nathella Jewelry, Fiat Palio, etc.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- In April 2017, Anushka Sharma faced trouble over the illegal electrical junction box; BMC issues a notice to remove the junction box or “necessary action will be initiated as per MMC act.”
- It was said there was a rift between Anushka and Virat Kohli relationship during the Bombay Velvet release. Reports claim that Virat had invested a lot of money in Anushka’s film Bombay Velvet, which became a commercial failure. When Virat enquired about the money loss, Anushka felt upset. Virat even unfollowed her on Twitter and Instagram. But, eventually, after few months, they got into a relationship again.
- A controversy arose when Anushka paid homage to Late Dr APJ Abdul Kalam on Twitter, misspelling his name as “ABJ Kalam Azad”. She was criticized badly, so she deleted her tweet and posted a new one that was again incorrect as she wrote it, “APJ Kalam Azad”. She deleted and posted a new tweet in which she was finally correct.
- She originally intended to pursue a career in modelling or journalism and had no aspirations to be an actress.
- In 2007, Sharma made her runway debut at the Lakme Fashion Week for designer Wendell Rodricks’s Les Vamps Show and was picked to be his final model at the Spring Summer 2007 Collection.
- Her first role was as an extra in the comedy-drama Lage Raho Munna Bhai(2006).
- Aditya Chopra called her a “Not so beautiful actress” when she auditioned for her first film, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.
- Shah Rukh Khan gave all the success credit of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi to Anushka Sharma. He says the film was such a big hit because of her and not because of him.
- In 2014, she went through facial plastic surgery.
- She was also named as the “hottest vegetarian of 2015” by PETA .vegetarianism in 2015.
- Along with her family, Sharma is a follower of ‘Anant Dham Atmabodh Ashram’ in Haridwar.
- In December 2014, Sharma auctioned the leather jacket she wore in Jab Tak Hai Jaan eBay, going to redevelop the flood-ravaged states of Kashmir and Assam.
- In 2016, she supported India’s first transgender band, the 6-Pack Band, by providing a voice over in their first single, “Hum Hain Happy.”
- She got married to Virat Kohli on December 11, 2017.
- Anushka Sharma gave birth to her first child in 2021.
View this post on Instagram
|2009 ||Star Guild Best Female Debut Awards- Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi|
|2011 ||Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards for Excellent Performance Award- Band Baaja Baaraat|
|2011 ||IIFA Best Actress and Hottest Pair Award – Band Baaja Baaraat|
|2011 ||Star Guild Best Actress in a Leading Role Award- Band Baaja Baaraat|
|2013 ||Stardust Best Comedy/Romance Actress Awards- Ladies vs Ricky Bahl|
|2013 ||Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award- Ladies vs Ricky Bahl|
|2013 ||IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award- Ladies vs Ricky Bahl|
|2013 ||Zee Cine Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Female Award- Ladies vs Ricky Bahl|
|2016 ||Star Guild K.A Abbas Honour for Social Consciousness Awards- NH10|
|2017 ||Zee Cine Best Actor (Female) – Viewers’ Choice Awards- Sultan|
|2017 ||Stardust Best Actress of the Year Awards- Sultan|
|Address||Badrinath Towers, 20th Floor, Seven Bungalows, Andheri, Mumbai|
|Phone Number ||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
|E-mail ||Not Available|
|Website ||Update soon|
Social Media Profile
People Also Search For Kareena Kapoor and Amy Jackson