Kangana Ranaut is an Indian film actress who mainly appears in Hindi film. She was born on 23 March 1986 at Bhambla (now Surajpur), a small town in the Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh, into a Rajput family. Asha Ranaut is a teacher by profession, and her father, Amardeep Ranaut, is a successful businessman. Kangana has an elder sister named Rangoli, a manager, and a younger brother named Akshat.
Ranaut initially aspired to become a doctor at the insistence of her parents. Determined to build her own career path, she relocated to Delhi at age sixteen, where she briefly became a model.
After training under the theatre director Arvind Gaur, Ranaut made her feature film debut in the 2006 thriller Gangster, for which she was awarded the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. Later she appeared in films like Woh Lamhe (2006), Life in a… Metro (2007) and Fashion (2008), Raaz: The Mystery Continues (2009), Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai (2010). In 2015, Ranaut portrayed a dual role in Tanu Weds Manu Returns, the most successful Bollywood film featuring a female protagonist. She won a Filmfare Critics Award and a second consecutive National Film Award for Best Actress.
Ranaut is particularly known in the media for expressing her honest opinions in public and is frequently credited as one of the most fashionable Indian celebrities. She is the recipient of several awards, including three National Film Awards and Filmfare Awards in four categories.
One of the tops paid actresses across the country, Kangana has won several awards, comprising 4 Filmfare Awards and 3 national film awards. She has appeared 5 times in India’s Forbes Celebrity list.
Kangana Ranaut did the biopic of the Indian female freedom fighter Rani Laxmi Bai named Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi in 2019. She also starred in Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari’s sports movie Panga (2020).
Kangana Ranaut’s Basic Personal Info
|Name||Kangana Amardeep Ranaut|
|Born||23 March 1986 (34 Years)|
|Country||Bhambri, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Height||5ft 5in ,165 cm,1.65 m|
|Weight||52 kg,115 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Father||Amardeep Ranaut (Businessman and Contractor)|
|Mother||Asha Ranaut (Teacher)|
|Net Worth||95 crores|
|Debut Movie||Hindi- Gangster (2006)|
Tamil- Dhaam Dhoom (2008)
Telugu- Ek Niranjan (2009)
|School||DAV School, Chandigarh, India|
|College||Elite School of Modelling, Mumbai|
|– Chest/Bra||34 B|
|– Waist||27 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||34 inches|
|Favourite Food||Berry Burst, Dal-Chawal|
|Favourite Sport||Basket Ball|
|Favourite Film||Kuchh Kuchh Hota Hai|
|Favourite Destination||Paris, Milan|
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Cocking, reading, writing, doing yoga|
|Cars Collection||BMW 7 Series|
View this post on Instagram
- Reebok, Tata Sky, Tanishq Jewelry, Nakshatra, Boro Plus, Mebelkart, Ask Me Grocery, LYF Smartphone, Livon, Bajaj Almond Hair Oil.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- In 2007, Kangana Ranaut had filed a police complaint against Pancholi for physically assaulting her under alcohol. The following year Pancholi confirmed the affair in an interview, saying that he had been cohabiting with Ranaut and accused her of owing him ₹2.5 million.
- After her breakup with Adhyayan Suman, he said, “I was emotionally badgered because of my relationship. Kangana only knows how to use, abuse and throw. She has flooded me with abusive calls ever since the truth about her fake claims came out. I have remained silent on her abusive nature for so many years, but she is crossing all limits now. Since I haven’t been taking her calls, her aides have been calling my mother and harassing her.”
- In 2016, Hrithik Roshan, her co-star from Krrish 3, filed a lawsuit against Ranaut, accusing her of cyberstalking and harassment. Denying the charges, Ranaut filed a counter-charge against Roshan, claiming that his lawsuit was an attempt to cover up their affair for the benefit of his divorce proceedings.
- The actress made headlines when she rejected an offer worth two crores to endorse a fairness cream. “Ever since I was a kid, I have never understood the concept of fairness. Especially, in such a case, as a celebrity, what kind of an example would I be setting for younger people? I have no regrets about turning this offer down. As a public figure, I have responsibilities,”
- During 2012, in a reputed fashion show, she suffered a wardrobe malfunction.
- Kangana’s mother wanted her to get married at the age of 16. She was thrown out of her house as she wanted to join the glamour world.
- She was an active participator in the beauty contests at a younger age.
- Her sister, Rangoli, is a victim of an acid attack. The incident took place in 2005 when a man entered her house as a money order delivery boy.
- Before making her film debut, she joined the Asmita Theatre Group, where she trained under the theatre director Arvind Gaur.
- She participated in Gaur’s theatre workshop at the India Habitat Centre, acting in several of his plays, including the Girish Karnad-scripted Taledanda.
- She is the youngest Indian actor to win the National Film Award at 22, Best Supporting Actress for Fashion (2008).
- Apart from the lead actress, she was the dialogue writer of the film Queen.
- She practised vegetarianism and was listed as “India’s hottest vegetarian” in a poll conducted by PETA in 2013.
- Since 2009 Ranaut has been studying the dance form of Kathak from the Nateshwar Nritya Kala Mandir.
- Ranaut enrolled in a two-month screenplay writing course at the New York Film Academy in 2014.
- Kangana Ranaut has been in controversies during the Sushant Singh Rajput Suicide case.
- Her production house in Mumbai was also trashed by the municipal corporation of Mumbai.
- She was also associated with controversies with Priyanka Chopra and other Bollywood Celebes. She criticized their solidarity with the Black Lives matter while they remained mum on the internal affairs of India, such as NRC and CAA.
- 2007: Filmfare Best Female Debut Awards- Gangster
- 2007: IIFA Best Female Debut Award- Gangster
- 2007: Screen Most Promising Newcomer – Female Awards- Gangster
- 2007: Zee Cine Best Female Debut Awards- Gangster
- 2009: National Film Best Supporting Actress Awards- Fashion
- 2009: Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award- – Fashion
- 2009: IIFA Best Supporting Actress Award– Fashion
- 2015: National Film Best Actress Awards- Queen
- 2015: Filmfare Best Actress Award- Queen
- 2015: IIFA Best Actress Award- Queen
- 2016: Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress Award- Tanu Weds Manu Returns
- 2016: National Film Best Actress Awards- Tanu Weds Manu Returns
|Address||A 4BHK Flat in Khar, Mumbai|
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile