Bhumi Pednekar is an Indian film actress who has been working in Hindi films. Born in Konkani family in Goa. She signed a three-film deal with the Yash Raj Films as an actress and made her film debut with a leading role in the 2015 romantic comedy Dum Laga Ke Haisha, which won her a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. After this movie was released, Bhumi went on a severe diet and exercise routine to lose 35kgs of weight. She won several awards for this debut role, ensuring a prosperous career in Bollywood movies. That same year, Pednekar appeared in Y-Films’s mini web series Man’s world. The four-part series about gender inequality premiered on YouTube on 29 September 2015.
After a two year absence from the screen, in 2017, Pednekar appeared in Shree Narayan Singh’s directorial debut Toilet: Ek Prem Katha opposite Akshay Kumar. And one with Shubh Mangal Savdhan, a romantic comedy, Pednekar appeared opposite Ayushmann Khurrana. Both films were critically and commercially successful.
Bhumi Pednekar was born in Mumbai on 18th July 1989. She was born to a Maharashtrian Father, Satish Pednekar and Haryanvi Mom, Sumitra Pednekar. Bhumi completed her schooling at Arya Vidya Mandir and has a residence in Mumbai. She was an associate throwing chief for a long time with Shanoo Sharma of Yash Raj Films before wandering into acting.
The latest hit by Bhumi Pednekar, such as Bala (2019) and Pati Patni Aur Woh (2019), made her foot in the industry stronger. She also won the Filmfare critics’ awards for the Best Actress for her headstrong role of Chandro Tomar in the movie Sandh ki Ankh (2019). She also featured in Abhiske Dube’s Sonchiriya (2019). She played the role of a housewife alongside Sushant Singh Rajput and Manoj Bajpayee and had to undergo two months of training to learn the gait and mannerism for the movie.
Bhumi Pednekar’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||18 July 1989 (31 years )|
|Country||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height||5ft 4in,163cm,1.63 m|
|Weight||60 kg,132 lbs|
|Father||Late Satish Pednekar|
|Net Worth||3 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Dum Laga Ke Haisha (2015)|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir School, Juhu, Mumbai|
|College||University of Mumbai|
|– Waist||28 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||36 inches|
|Favourite Food||Missi Roti, butter chicken and dal makhni|
|Favourite Film||Raja Hindustani|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Priyanka Chopra|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
View this post on Instagram
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- Pednekar was born to a Konkani family in Goa; her father is from a Goan village called Pedne that’s how she got the name.
- While Bhumi was giving a demo for Dum Laga Ke Haisha, she had no idea that she was auditioned for the film. She thought her performance would be used as a demo to brief other actors during auditions.
- She gained close to 12 kg for Dum Laga Ke Haisha despite being overweight before the shooting had commenced.
- Bhumi lost 25 Kilos for Subh Mangal Saavdhan in just four months.
- Bhumi’s Twitter and Facebook bio states that she aims to be a future leader.
- Bhumi has watched KRK’s Deshdrohi almost 100 times; shocking but true.
- On her relationship status, she says, “I a modern-day day girl, and of course, I have dated many guys.”
- She began the Climate Warrior climate to raise awareness regarding global warming and environmental protection in the year 2019.
- She also teamed up with MTV India in the year 2020 for the Nishedh campaign, aiming to create awareness about health issues among the youth.
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile