Kareena Kapoor is an Indian actress who appears in Hindi films. She was born on 21 September 1980 in Mumbai. Kapoor is the younger daughter of Randhir Kapoor and Babita. Her elder sister Karishma is also an actress. Kapoor attended Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai, followed by Welham Girls’ School in Dehradun. She began training at an acting institute in Mumbai, mentored by Kishore Namit Kapoor, a member of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII).
She made her acting debut in the 2000 war film Refugee. The movie was not a megahit though Kareena Kapoor was massively acclaimed for her remarkable skills for playing the role of a Pakistani girl. She was bestowed with the Zee Cine Award Lux Face of the Year and Filmfare Best Debut Award for the film Refugee.
Her next movie Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai, revolved out to be a megahit. Kapoor established herself in Hindi cinema with roles in the historical drama Aśoka and the blockbuster melodrama Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001). She received Filmfare Awards for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress for her 2007 romantic comedy Jab We Met and the 2010 drama We Are Family. Kapoor achieved further success by featuring as the female lead in two of India’s top-grossing productions—the 2009 comedy-drama 3 Idiots and the 2015 social drama Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
Married to actor Saif Ali Khan, with whom she has a son, Kapoor’s off-screen life is the subject of widespread coverage in India. She has a reputation for being outspoken and assertive and is recognised for her contributions to the film industry through her fashion and film roles. In addition to film acting, Kapoor is a stage performer and has contributed as a co-author to three books: an autobiographical memoir and two nutrition guides. She has also launched her own clothing line in association with the retail chain Globus.
She recently starred in the movie Angrezi Medium (2020) alongside Irfan Khan, which was greatly acknowledged by people and was the last movie done by him. She also hosts a podcast for women and is generally loved for her bold and fearless attitude.
Kareena Kapoor’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||21 September 1980 (40 years)|
|Country||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height||5ft 4in ,163 cm,1.63 m|
|Weight||54 kg,119 lbs|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Hazel Brown|
|Father||Randhir Kapoor (Actor)|
|Spouse||Saif Ali Khan|
|Children||Son-Taimur Ali Khan Pataudi|
|Net Worth||16 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Refugee (2000)|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
Welham Girls’ School, Dehradun
|College||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Favourite Food||Dal-Chawal, Spaghetti, Pasta, Italian|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood- Awaara, Kal Aaj Aur Kal, Bobby, Sangam|
Hollywood- Nem Hur, Cat on A Hot Tim Roof, Breakfast At Tiffany’s
|Favourite Destination||Switzerland, London|
|Favourite Color||Red, Black|
|Favourite Actor||Raj Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Kajol, Nargis, Meena Kumari|
|Favourite Fashion||Manish Malhotra|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Reading, Yoga, Swimming|
|Cars Collection||BMW 7 Series, LX 470 SUV|
View this post on Instagram
- Sony, Head & Shoulders, Boroplus, Lux, Vivel Soap, Colgate, Lakme, Philips Hair Styler, Berger Paints, Limca, TETLEY’s Green Tea etc.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- Kareena Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor’s controversial MMS having a hot liplock went viral on social media.
- Kareena made fun of Priyanka Chopra’s accent publicly, after which Priyanka eventually responded, saying that she has got it from the same place that Saif got it from.
- When Kareena Kapoor made a dig at Bipasha Basu’s skin tone by calling her “Kaali Billi,” it degenerated into a catfight.
- Kareena name was derived from the book Anna Karenina, which her mother read while she was pregnant. But her family and close friends call her Bebo.
- Her birth name was ‘Siddhima’, given by her grandfather, Raj Kapoor.
- In her teenage days, she had a huge crush on actor Akshay Khanna.
- She became a vegetarian in 2006.
- She adopted Chanderi village of Madhya Pradesh in 2010 to provide it electricity.
- In 2012, she released her The Style Diary of a Bollywood Diva, co-authored by Rochelle Pinto.
- She has her wax statue in England and Singapore’s Madame Tussaud Museum.
- She was the first choice for the SLB’s Ram-Leela, but she turned down the offer and later, the role was played by Deepika Padukone.
- Kapoor was slated to debut with Hrithik Roshan in the blockbuster Kaho Na Pyaar Hai (2000).
- In 2008, Kapoor began the size-zero trends in Bollywood.
- She gave birth to her son, Taimur, after 2 years of marriage with Saif Ali Khan.
- She is generally surrounded by the paparazzi, and so is her son.
- 2001: Filmfare for Best Debut Actress- Refugee
- 2001: IIFA Award: Star Debut of the Year – Female- Refugee
- 2004: Filmfare Special Award – Chameli
- 2004: Screen Award Best Actress- Celebrity Style – Female
- 2004: IIFA Style Diva Award
- 2005: Filmfare for Best Actress (Critic)- Dev
- 2005: Rajiv Gandhi Award- Young Achiever
- 2005: Sahara One Television Viewers Award- Indian Diva
- 2007: Filmfare for Best Actress (Critic)- Omkara
- 2007: Screen Award Best Actress- Omkara
- 2008: Filmfare for Best Actress- Jab We Met
- 2008: IIFA Best Actress- Jab We Met
- 2008: Screen Award Best Actress- Jab We Met
- 2008: Zee Cine Award Best Actress- Female – Jab We Met
- 2009: GQMen of The Year Awards (India)- Woman of The Year
- 2010: HELLO! Hall of Fame Awards – Entertainer Of The Year (Female)
- 2010: Maxim India- Hottest Women of The Year
- 2010: Screen Award Best Actress (Popular Choice)- Kurbaan & 3 Idiots
- 2010: IIFA Best Actress- 3 Idiots
- 2011: Filmfare for Best Supporting Actress- We Are Family
- 2011: Global Indian Film and TV Honours- Glamour Icon of The Year
- 2016: The ‘Pride of India’ Summit Awards- Pride of India
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile
People Also Serach For Taapsee Pannu and Yami Gautam