Taapsee Pannu is an Indian actress and model currently working in the Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi film industries. Born in Delhi, she completed her graduation in Computer Science Engineering and worked as a software professional before making her appearance in films.
Taapsee Pannu Father Dilmohan Singh Pannu and her mother Nirmaljeet Pannu. She has a younger sister named Shagun Pannu. She has spent her childhood in Ludhiana, Punjab. Taapsee was good at studies in her school and college days.
She also perused her career in modelling and became a full-time model after she auditioned and was selected for Channel V’s talent show Get Gorgeous. She appeared in many commercials and won the “Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face” and “Safi Femina Miss Beautiful Skin” in 2008.
She was born on 1 August 1987 in New Delhi, India. She is among the few South Indian actresses to have had 7 releases in a single year (2011). Taapsee came into the limelight after playing the role of ‘Minal Arora’ in the Bollywood film ‘Pink’.
Pannu made her acting debut in a Telugu film Jhummandi Naadam in 2010, directed by Raghavendra Rao. She made her debut Hindi film industry in 2013 with the comedy film Chashme Baddoor, directed by David Dhawan. In later years, she appeared in critically and commercial hit films Baby and PINK, which gave her special and strong recognition.
She was awarded Most Enthusiastic Performer-Female Award at the 2014 Edison Awards for her performance in the Tamil film Arrambam. The career of Taapsee Pannu did not stop there, soon her acting talent was appreciated and recognised by many big filmmakers, and therefore she was signed for Judwaa 2 with Varun Dhawan and Jacqueline Fernandez in 2017, Naam Shabana with Akshay Kumar in 2017, Manmarziyaan with Abhishek Bachhan and Vickey Kaushal, Game over in 2019, Saand Ki aankh in 2019 and she is booked for three more movies.
Taapsee Pannu’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||1 August 1987|
|Country||New Delhi, India|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Father||Dilmohan Singh Pannu|
|Net Worth||$6 million|
|Debut Movie||Telugu- Jhummandi Naadam (2010)|
Hindi- Chashme Baddoor (2013)
|Debut TV||Channel V’s talent show Get Gorgeous|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
|Salary||70-80 lakh/per film (INR)|
|Awards||Edison Awards for Most Enthusiastic Performer-Female (2014)|
|School||Mata Jai Kaur Public School, Ashok Vihar, Delhi|
|College||Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology, New Delhi|
|Father||Dilmohan Singh Pannu|
|Sibling||Shagun Pannu (Younger)|
|Boyfriend Dated||Mahat Raghavendra (Tamil Film Actor)|
Mathias Boe (Badminton player from Denmark)
|– in cms||171 cm|
|-in meters||1.71 m|
|-in feet inches||5’71/2”|
|-in KG||55 kg|
|-in Pounds||121 lbs|
|– Waist||27 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||36 inches|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Favourite Food||Papri Chaat, Chinese cuisine, Danish pastries, Chole puri, Kachori, Chole Puri|
|Favourite Film||Rockstar (Bollywood), The Twilight Series (Hollywood)|
|Favourite Destination||Maldives, Europe|
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roushan, Suriya, Ranbir Kapoor, Prabhas|
|Favourite Actress||Priyanka Chopra, Priramani|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Reading, Riding, Playing squash and dancing|
- Reliance Trends, Red FM 93.5, UniStyle Image, Coca-Cola, Motorola, Pantaloon, PVR Cinemas, Standard Chartered Bank, Dabur, Airtel, Tata Docomo, World Gold Council, Havells and Vardhman.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- Pannu said that Pannu was the reason behind the fight between Kollywood actor Mahat Raghavendra and Tollywood actor Manchu Manoj at a party after the Filmfare awards in Chennai in 2012.
- In a chat with the comedy group East India Company, Pannu spoke out against the sexist portrayal of women in the cinema of the South and ridiculed Telugu filmmaker K Raghavendra Rao. Her comments went viral and received much flak from Raghavendra Rao supporters and the general audience that enjoys southern cinema. Later, Pannu apologized in a video on Facebook.
- She is the co-owner of an event company, The Wedding Factory.
- Pannu has a crush on Ranbir Kapoor.
- She learned Kathak dance for 8 years from the famous Birju Maharaj’s disciples.
- She was seen speaking against Kabir Singh’s hero and maker, Shaheed Kapoor, for making such toxic and misogynist movies.
- She has always been seen as an easy target by Kangna Ranaut, and her sister, Twitter, is testimony to this fact.
View this post on Instagram
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile