Shraddha Kapoor is an Indian actress who works in Bollywood films. She was born on 3 March 1987 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, and actor Shakti Kapoor and actress Shivangi Kolhapure. She has an elder Siddhaant Kapoor is also an actor and director. She is a gorgeous diva of Kapoor’s family who belongs to Bollywood.
She made her acting debut with a brief role in the 2010 heist film Teen Patti; she got her first leading role in the teen drama Luv Ka The End in 2011. But, her first big breakthrough, which gave her wide recognition, was the commercially successful romantic drama Aashiqui 2.In the same year, she portrayed a character based on Ophelia in Vishal Bhardwaj’s Haider gained her critical praises.
She is an evergreen star who achieved huge fame in a concise time period. Being the daughter of a celebrity, she mostly came under the spotlight now and then.
In later years, she appeared in the thriller Ek Villain (2014), the dance drama ABCD 2 (2015), the action drama Baaghi (2016), romantic drama Ok Jaanu (2017), romantic drama Half Girlfriend (2017), all of which rank among her biggest commercial successes. Followed several big hits like Stree starring Rajkumar Rao in 2018, Batti Jul Meter Chalu opposite Shahid Kapoor and Yami Gautam, Street Dancer, and Varun Dhawan, several well-known dancers in 2020. Other movies like Baaghi and Bhaagi 3, Chhichhore, Saaho, Haseena Parkar were also loved by people worldwide and did commercially good.
Apart from her acting career, Kapoor has sung several of her film songs. She made her playback singing debut with the song “Galliyan” from Ek Villain (2014). In addition, she endorses many popular brands in India and participates in stage shows and concerts.
Shraddha Kapoor begins filming for Amole Gupte’s “Untitled Saina Nehwal Biopic”. She will also be seen in Sujeeth’s “Saaho”, a bilingual action thriller opposite Prabhas and Neil Nitin Mukesh.
Shraddha Kapoor’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||3rd March 1987|
|Country||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Eye Color||Hazel Brown|
|Net Worth||14 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Teen Patti (2010)|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Salary||4 crores/per film (INR)|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
American School of Bombay, Mumbai
|College||Boston University, USA (Drop-out)|
|Mother||Shivangi Kolhapure (Actress)|
|Father||Shakti Kapoor (Actor)|
|Sibling||Brother- Siddharth Kapoor|
|Boyfriend Dated||Aditya Roy Kapoor (Actor)|
|– in cms||165 cm|
|-in meters||1.65 m|
|-in feet inches||5’5”|
|-in KG||52 kg|
|-in Pounds||115 lbs|
|– Waist||25 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||34 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||7 US|
|Favourite Food||Fish Curry, Khow Suey, Jalebi, Rawa Fried Fish|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood- Pyaasa|
Hollywood- The Shawshank Redemption, Central Station, The Godfather, Boys Don’t Cry, Monster
|Favourite Color||Yellow, Purple|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Collecting shoes, Cooking, Reading|
|Likes||Eating, Travelling to unusual places, trying out adventurous|
|Dislikes||Ketchup, people making fun of her dad, dad playing the villain in films|
|Cars Collection||Mercedes ML SUV|
View this post on Instagram
- Lakmé, Veet, Lipton, Marico’s Hair & Care, Vaseline, Dulux, Titan Raga, Wella.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- She was boycotted by photographers in 2014 during an Ek Villain related event. This was due to her alleged bad behaviour with the media during the promotions of the movie.
- Shraddha Kapoor is the niece of Bollywood actress Padmini Kolhapure and is also related to the fabled singer Lata Mangeshkar.
- Shraddha received her first movie offer at the age of 16. Salman Khan offered her a role when he saw her play at Boston University, but she rejected it as she wasn’t ready to act in films.
- She is weird superstitious; she believes if her father watches her movies in Delhi, they do well at the Box Office. So far, this has proved right with Aashiqui 2, Haider and Ek Villain.
- She has appeared in many national and international magazines, including Elle, FHM, Femina, Marie Claire, Cine Blitz, Filmfare, Cosmopolitan, Adorn, and Bollywood Film Fame Canada.
- She was a scholar and scored around 95% in her 12th standard exams.
- She had a huge crush on Hrithik Roshan. So she used to collect Hrithik’s photos and stick them onto the walls of her room.
- She is fond of collecting shoes.
- She is a certified Scuba Driver.
- She is scared of light.
- She was trolled for dating Farhan Akhtar- She and Farhan both denied the dating rumours.
- Shraddha and Tiger Shroff were classmates in School, while Krishna Shroff (Tiger’s sister) and Athiya Shetty were Shraddha’s junior in the same school.
- She has been a current topic of B-town- She, along with few other celebs were sumcelebrities, by the NCB in a drug-related case that connected Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case.
- 2011: Lions Gold Awards for Favorite Promising Actor (Female)- Screen Patti
- 2012: Stardust Awards for Best Actress- Luv Ka The End
- 2013: BIG Star Entertainment Awards for Best Romantic Couple- Aashiqui 2
- 2014: Screen Awards for Jodi No. 1 (along with Aditya Roy Kapur)
- 2014: Star Guild Awards for Jodi of the Year (along with Aditya Roy Kapur)
- 2015: Global Indian Music Academy Awards for Best Celebrity Singer Of The Year- Ek Villain
- 2015: Star Guild Awards for Star Plus Shining Superstar
- 2016: Star Plus Shining Superstar for Hindustan Times Most Stylish Youth Icon Award- ABCD
- 2016: Hindustan Times Most Stylish 2017 for Hindustan Times Most Stylish Reader’s Choice Awards Winner (Female)- Baaghi
|Address||7th Floor, Palm Beach, Gandhinagar Road, Juhu, Mumbai|
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile