Who is Alicia Garza?
A well-known social Activist, Alicia Garza, became famous through an international movement called “Black Lives Matter,” as she was the movement’s co-founder.
Alicia Garza highlighted the issues regarding domestic violence, anti-racism, gender variance, and many such points. She is a very successful editorial writer, and Rolling Stone, The Nation, etc., have sponsored her writing.
|Birth Name||Alicia Garza|
|Born||January 4, 1981(40 years old)|
|Profession||Civil Rights Activist and Writer|
|Country||California, United States|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches (175 cm)|
|Hair Color||Not Known|
|Eye Color||Not Known|
|Sexual Orientation||Not Known|
|Husband||Malachi Garza (m. 2008)|
|College||The University of California, San Diego (BA)|
|Net Worth||$1 Million – $3 Million|
|Social Media Accounts|
What is the reason behind the Success Story of Alicia Garza?
- Her journey is inspiring as Alicia founded the Black Lives Matter movement with Opal Tometi and Patrisse Cullors. She raised issues upon many topics like transgender violence, racism, domestic violence, and many more.
- Garza’s books have been published named #1960Now: Photographs of Civil Rights Activists and Black Lives Matter Protests, Tijuana / 22000 and two others.
- After Garza posted a slogan on her Facebook account, she was honoured in 2013.
- Garza is the principal of the Black Future Lab. She also serves as the Director for the National Domestic Workers Alliance. Simultaneously, she works on some special projects.
- During the elections, Alicia had been critical of Donald Trump, Barack Obama, and Hilary Clinton. As she stated that “The Clintons use black people for votes, but then don’t do anything for black communities after they’re elected. They use us for photo ops”. However, Alicia voted for Bernie Sanders in the California Democratic Primary elections and promised to do everything in her power.
What subject is Alicia Garza Pursued?
- Garza has pursued anthropology and sociology from the University of California, San Diego (UCSD).On April 30th, her mother died because she was suffering from an aggressive brain tumour. Her contributions to the LGBTQIA community are substantial as Alicia Garza continuously fighting for their social rights.
- When she was in high school, Garza was curious about knowing every matter, so she began to advocate for her classmates to access information on reproductive health and contraceptives.
What is the relationship status of Alicia Garza?
- After dating for almost 5 years, in 2008, Alicia got married to Malachi Garza, a transgender man. She is quite vocal about their personal life. His husband is also a community activist.
What is the Net Worth of Alicia Garza?
- Alicia Garza’s net worth is around $$1 Million – $3 Million. As she is an influencer and an activist, she is active on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.
- The birthday of Alicia Garza is on January 4.
- Alicia is 40 years old.
- She has written on many social justice topics sponsored by many outlets like HuffPost, The Guardian, and many more.
- Garza protested when a police officer was killing a teenager named Michael Brown.
- In 2020, a celebration of Black History Month was organized where Alicia Garza gave a speech to a crowd of 200 students for that election.
- Alicia is the wealthiest activist in California.
- In 2017, Alicia was invited as a guest speaker in San Francisco State University, California, to speak on behalf of graduating students.
- Between the ages of 25 and 45, Garza was on the Root 100 list of African American Achievers.
View this post on Instagram
People Also Search For Les Brown and David Goggins