Who is Les Brown?
Les Brown is one of the most heard and appreciated American motivational speakers. He is also a politician and has also worked as a radio jockey. Ohio House of Representatives had him as a member. He is primarily famous for his show called The Les Brown Show.
With no formal education beyond high school backing his dreams, he still established his own company called ‘Les Brown Unlimited, Inc.’ and is also the author of the best-selling book ‘Live Your Dreams. He has interviewed some of the business world’s brightest minds throughout his career and has worked closely with them in the boardroom. He has earned several accolades as an orator and is now referred to as “The Motivator”.
His quotes are viral nowadays on Social Networks. In his show entitled ‘The Les Brown Show,’ the orator taught people not to give up on their dreams.
To earn a living, Les Brown found a job – he was hired as a sanitation worker. Later he turned towards radio broadcasting. There he learned what was required to fit the job of a radio jockey. Once, he was lucky to try out working at the junction cause their jockey could not come to work. So, Les Brown showed his talent and was hired as a permanent RJ.
|Name||Les Brown (Leslie Calvin “Les” Brown)|
|Born||17 February 1945 (75 years old)|
|Profession||American motivational speaker, author, former radio DJ, and former television host|
|Country||Liberty City, Miami, Florida, United States|
|Height||6 feet 1 inch
|Mother||Miami Brown (adoptive mother )|
|Spouse||Gladys Knight (1995–1997) Divorced|
|Children||Ona Brown, John Leslie Brown, Serena Brown, John Andrew|
|Net Worth||$15 million|
What is Les Brown famous for?
- Les Brown was born and brought up along with his twin brother Wesley in Florida by their single mom. The kids were put for adoption soon after their birth and were later adopted by Miami Brown. Les, after doing very bad in his exams, lost all his self-confidence. However, his mother always supported him, and she later took the matter into her hands. He regained his lost confidence with the help of his adoptive mother and one of the teachers in his high school.
- Les Brown joined one of the radio stations to pursue his dreams. He was very hard working since always and had substantial ambitions. He learned the qualities required to become a radio jockey at the radio station, and he would work consistently on developing them. After getting a job at one of the radio stations, his work was appreciated by the audience, and thus, his permanent career as a radio jockey began. He moved to Ohio in search of better opportunities and became a junction manager for high-ranking radio programs.
- He would frequently become a part of political controversies and thus was fired from his job. After being encouraged, he ran for the Ohio State legislature. He served as a successful politician for three consecutive terms and was then appointed as the Human Resource committee chairman. He sore to fame when he recorded several motivational speeches and got them broadcasted on television. Soon after, he started his own show called The Les Brown Show. The show got cancelled after one year.
- Also, read about another inspiring personality, Phil Anselmo. Learn about his personal life and professional achievement.
What is the height and weight of Les Brown?
- This guy has a tall build with a height of 1.8m. He weighs about 75kg and will soon turn 76 years old on 17th February.
- He attended formal school along with his sibling but on reaching grade five, his teachers considered him a misfit and mentally slow in comparison with other children, as he was more inclined towards seeking attention and was a poor student.
- Les has had no formal education beyond high school. Still, with persistence and determination, he has initiated and continued a process of unending self-education which has distinguished him as an authority on harnessing human potential. Les Brown’s passion for learning and his hunger to realize greatness in himself and others helped him achieve greatness.
- He rose from a hip-talking morning DJ to broadcast manager, from community activist to community leader, from political commentator to three-term legislator, and from a banquet and nightclub emcee to the premier keynote speaker.
Who is the wife of Les Brown?
- Gladys Maria Knight was the wife of Les Brown. However, the couple got divorced two years after their marriage. She was an actress and was very famous for her performance in Empress of Soul. He has nine kids.
Les Brown Net Worth
What is the Net worth of Les Brown?
- The present net worth of Les Brown is considered to be 15 million USD. He has amassed this wealth through his successful career as a motivational speaker and radio jockey.
- He has received several awards in his lifetime.
- He was ranked as one of the top five outstanding motivational speakers across the globe.
- The National Speakers Association has given him an award.
- He was declared mentally unstable by his school teachers.
View this post on Instagram