The life of Tony Dow
One man with extraordinary talent- Tony Dow is a producer, sculptor, director, and actor. This American artist is known for his role as Wally Cleaver in the TV show, Leave It To Beaver. He has 1.5 lakh followers on his Facebook account.
Tony is from California, born in 1945. He has played many roles in his acting career. He is famous for his role as Wally Cleaver. He has done many other shows and even directed movies and shows. The famous ‘Star Trek’ was produced by him.
Dow is a creative bronze sculptor as well. His artistic pieces were chosen among the three selective artists’ work in the exhibition in the Carrousel du Louvre in Paris. He has earned fame in this field as well.
Dow has won the BAFTA Awards twice in 1989 and 1997 for his fantastic work in ‘Only Fools and Horses.’
|Birth Name||Tony Lee Dow|
|Born||April 13, 1945 (Age 76)|
|Profession||Sculptor, actor, producer, director|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (173 cm)|
|Weight||75 kg or 165 lbs|
|Eye Color||Hazel Blue|
|High School||Van Nuys High School|
|College||Defence Information School (DINFOS)|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Genre||Hip hop, gangsta rap, funk, pop|
|Works||Leave It To Beaver|
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
What is the success story of Tony Dow?
- Tony was more interested in swimming when he was a kid. He was an Olympic diving champion. However, when he got the role of Wally Cleaver in Leave It To Beaver in 1959. Although he had no acting experience before, he got the part, and this changed his life. As the show ended in 1963, Dow was sure that he wanted to pursue his career in Hollywood.
- The show became a hit, and Dow’s role was appreciated by the audience. After this, he got many other roles in movies and TV shows. Some of them were Dr Kildare, My Three Sons, Never Too Young, etc. However, Dow thought of taking a break from his acting career. He joined the National Guard and continued there from 1965 to 1968. The actor forced him to return to the Film Industry, and he was back with guest appearances in some shows.
- He decided to study Filmmaking and Journalism and became a director. He directed an episode of the New Lassie, followed by many others like Harry and the Hendersons, Babylon 5, Star Trek, etc. He has also made some artistic pieces of sculptors.
What is the physical appearance of Tony Dow?
- Tony Dow is 5 ft 8 inches tall and still very handsome and intelligent at 76. His body weight is 75 kg, and he tries to maintain a healthy diet to stay fit.
- Dow has shoulder-length grey hair with beautiful, magical hazel blue eyes.
What is the relationship status of Tony Dow?
Dow married Carol Marie Theresa Marlow in 1969. They have a son together- Christopher Dow, born in 1973. However, in 1980 they separated, and Dow married again with Lauren Shulkind 1980. They are still together with a child. They also have two grandchildren.
What is the net worth of Tony Dow?
Tony has had a successful career in Hollywood. He acted in the famous Television Series ‘Leave It To Beaver, which ran from 1957 to 1963. He also appeared as a guest actor in some shows. He directed a few movies like ‘Star Trek’ and others. He is also a sculptor. His career has brought him good wealth, and his net worth is $5 million.
- Tony Dow was an Olympic diving champion at an early age.
- He is a modern art sculptor, and his art is only shown in the Karen Lynne Gallery in California.
- Dow is famously known for his role as ‘Wally’ Cleaver in Leave It To Beaver.’
- He has also appeared in the movie ‘The Kentucky Fried’ as the same character as Wally Cleaver.
View this post on Instagram