All you want to know about Forest Whitaker
Forest Whitaker is a man with multiple skills and abilities as a director, actor, producer, activist, and humanitarian. This American personality is known worldwide for his contribution to the film industry and the human cause. His popularity can be seen by his fan following that amounts to 2.9 million followers just on his Facebook account.
Who is Forest Whitaker?
Born in Texas on July 15, 1961, Whitaker is widely known for his appearance in movies and television shows. His most famous movie, The Last King of Scotland, brought him fame as well as awards in 2006. He got the Academy Award for the Best Actor. Another huge hit of his career came in 2016 with his role in the movie Star Wars: Rogue One.
Whitaker has done many roles on different television shows. Some of his shows like Amazing Stories, North and South, etc. were appreciated. Whitaker also acted as a voice artist in the famous animated series Star Wars Rebels. He started directing and producing movies soon after.
As an activist, he joined hands with organizations to help the child soldiers in Uganda. His activities are widely followed by around 210.4k fans on Twitter.
|Birth Name||Forest Steven Whitaker|
|Born||July 15, 1961 (Age 60)|
|Profession||Producer, Actor, Humanitarian, Director, Activist|
|Country||Texas, United States|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||92 kg or 203 lbs|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|High School||Palisades Charter High School|
|College||California State Polytechnic University|
University of Southern California
|Net Worth||$35 million|
|Works||Bird and Ghost Dog: The Way of Samurai|
The Last King of Scotland
What is the success story of Forest Whitaker?
- Initially wanting to become a footballer, Whitaker soon realized his passion for acting with his debut in Fast Times at Ridgemont High in 1982. Soon he got major roles in movies like Platoon in 1986, Bird, Ready to Wear in 1994, Ghost, etc. The movie Bird gave him the Best Actor Award at Cannes Film Festival.
- Whitaker started producing and directing with films like Strapped in 1993 and 2002’s Door to Door, 2004’s First Daughter, etc. He gave a power-packed performance in the movie The Last King of Scotland in 2006. He worked in television shows as well. Moreover, he has been a successful activist fighting for a noble cause. His organization, the Whitaker Peace & Development Initiative, stresses maintaining peace in conflicted areas across the globe.
What is the physical appearance of Forest Whitaker?
- Whitaker is handsomely 6 ft 2 inches tall and weighs 92 kgs. He has ptosis in his left eye.
- Whitaker has dark brown eyes with no hair on the scalp. He prefers to stay shaved but sometimes tiny black hair does show up with his French beard.
What is the relationship status of Forest Whitaker?
- Whitaker got married in 1996 to the actress Keisha Nash. He met her at the set of the movie Blown Away. They both have two children together- two twin daughters named Sonnet and True. Whitaker has a son named Ocean Alexander from his past relationship while Keisha has a daughter named Autumn from her previous relationship. Unfortunately, due to some personal reasons, they both got divorced in 2018.
What is the net worth of Forest Whitaker?
- Whitaker has a whopping fortune of $35 million. He has worked hard all his life to earn that kind of money. He has worked in several movies and television shows, mostly performing big roles, and has won several awards. Whitaker gave his voice in the animated series as well. He has directed as well as produced a few movies. He has a good number of fans following in media accounts. He had been a UNESCO ambassador. Moreover, he was indulged in some real estate business as well. All this effort has given him a net worth anyone could dream of.
- Forest Whitaker has brilliant actors’ brothers- Kenn Whitaker and Damon Whitaker.
- He was born with an eye disease called ptosis in his left eye.
- Whitaker wanted to become a footballer. However, he realized his acting passion and left football.
- He promoted vegetarianism representing PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).
- Whitaker won the Academy Award, BAFTA Award, Golden Globe Award, Critics’ Choice Award, and SAG Award for the same role.
View this post on Instagram