Shriya Saran is an Indian actress and model known for her work in South Indian cinema, Bollywood and American cinema. Saran was born on 11 September 1982 in Dehradun and spent most of her childhood in Haridwar. She completed her studies at Lady Shri Ram College in Delhi and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in literature.
In 2001, her dance master gave her the opportunity to appear in Renoo Nathan’s debut music video “Thirakti Kyun Hawa”, which brought Saran to the attention of many Indian filmmakers. Saran made her film debut in 2001 with the Telugu film Ishtam, and had her first commercial success with Santhosham (2002). In 2007, Saran starred in Sivaji, the highest-grossing Tamil film at that time. She also gained critical acclaim for her role in the 2007 Bollywood film Awarapan. In 2008, Saran played the lead role in her first English film, the American-Indian co-production The Other End of the Line.
Her following projects included popular films such as Kanthaswamy (2009) in Tamil and Pokkiri Raja (2010) in Malayalam — roles that established her as one of the leading actresses in the South Indian film industries. Her recent movies lists include- Sab Kushal Mangal, Phamous, Gayatri, Paisa Vasool, Nakshatram, and other such blockbuster movies.
In addition to her work in films, Shriya Saran has been the brand ambassador for brands across India, endorsing beauty and health products. Among other philanthropic activities, she has volunteered for charity organizations.
Shriya Saran’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||11th September 1982|
|Country||Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India|
|Net Worth||10 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Telugu: Ishtam (2001)|
Hindi- TUjhe Meri Kasam (2003)
Tamil- Enakku 20 Unakku 18 (2003)
Kannada- Arasu (2007)
English- The Other End of the Line (2008)
Malayalam- Pokkiri Raja (2010)
|Net Worth||$10 millions|
|Salary||1 crores/per film (INR)|
|School||Delhi Public School, Ranipur, Haridwar|
Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, New Delhi
|College||Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi|
|Mother||Neerja Saran (Chemistry Teacher)|
|Father||Pushpendra Saran (Worked at BHEL)|
|Sibling||Abhiroop Saran (Workes in FCB Ulka Advertisment Ltd. Mumbai)|
|Boyfriend Dated||Rajiv Mallu|
|– in cms||168 cm|
|-in meters||1.68 m|
|-in feet inches||5’6”|
|-in KG||54 kg|
|-in Pounds||119 lbs|
|– Waist||25 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||35 inches|
|Favorite Food||Chapati, Curry|
|Favorite Color||Red, Black|
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajnikanth|
|Favorite Actress||Madhubala, Madhuri Dixit|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
View this post on Instagram
Pond’s Creams, Coca-Cola, Fair & Lovely, Pantene Shampoo, Saravana Stores, Lux, Head & Shoulders, Brooke Bond Taj Mahal Tea, Colgate Active Salt Healthy White toothpaste, Karnataka Milk Federation(KMF), Celebrity Cricket League (CCL)
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- In January 2008, Saran was the subject of controversy, when a Hindu organisation in Chennai lodged a police complaint against Saran, objecting to the outfit worn by her during the 175th day celebration of her film Sivaji: The Boss. The Hindu Makkal Katchi (HMK) alleged that Shriya’s outfit had “offended Hindu culture”. Later, Shriya publicly apologised to Tamilians and Hindus.
- On 19 January 2013, she quit Twitter due to derogatory comments from her followers.However, she rejoined Twitter with a new account on 27 January 2015.
- She was invited to appear in the music video of Renoo Nathan’s music album “Thirakti Kyun Hawa” which was her first appearance in front of the camera for a video shoot.
- She is fluent in Hindi, English, and can understand Telugu and Tamil well.
- She is trained Kathak dancer and has learned the skill from famous Kathak Dancer- Shovana Narayan.
- In 2011, she opened a Spa which exclusively employs the visually challenged. It is called Shree Spa, and is located in Mumbai.
- She is associated with animal welfare and the Blue Cross of India.
- She is also associated with an NGO called World Vision that finds parents for deprived kids, and works for Apollo’s RDF to raise funds for underprivileged children.
- Saran was the first actress, and the third celebrity after Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan to deliver a lecture to students at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM-A) on 12 February 2010.
- In 2011, she gave a lecture to students at the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Madras on the history of films, and films as a medium of cultural exchange.
- In 2003, Saran hosted the 50th Filmfare South Award with actor R. Madhavan.
- She was ranked on The Times of India’s list of “50 Most Desirable Women”: 13th in 2010, 15th in 2011, 18th in 2012, 7th in 2013, 5th in 2014 and 6th in 2015
- Recently Shriya had to face backlash and trolls for marrying a foreigner.
- While going live on Instagram Shriya had to face several spam and abusive comments on her body which made her end the live video.
- She was seen complaining against the Mumbai government hospitals for not admitting her husband when he showed mild symptoms.
- 2008: South Scope Style Best Tamil Actress Award- Sivaji: The Boss
- 2009: Stardust Exciting New Face Award- Mission Istanbul
- 2010: Amrita Mathrubhumi Best Actress Award- KanthaswamyThoranai
- 2010: T. Subbarami Reddy Lalitha Kala Parishath Awards for Contributions to Telugu Cinema
- 2010: Featured in a poll conducted by Rediff about woman achievers in Indian entertainment, ranking her among the top actresses
- 2011: ITFA Best Actress Award- Rowthiram
- 2014: GR8 Women’s Award
- 2015: SIIMA Best Supporting Actress Award- Manam
- 2015: Santosham Film Best Actress Awards9- Manam
- 2016: TV9 TSR National Award for the year 2015- Best Actress- Gopala Gopala
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile