Who is Marc Randolph?
Mark Barneys Randolph has served as the first CEO of the popular OTT platform Netflix. He co-founded the platform with Reed Hastings in 1998. He is a renowned entrepreneur hailing from the United States of America. He belongs to the reputed Barneys Family. He is also an environmental advocate. At present, he is working as a board member in the Looker Data Sciences. He has also pioneered the roots of Macworld magazine formation in the USA.
|Birth Name||Marc Bernays Randolph|
|Birth Date||April 29, 1958 (Age 63)|
|Birth Place||Chappaqua, New York, USA|
|Other Names||Marc Randolph|
|Parent(s)||Stephen Bernays Randolph, and Mulriel Lipchick|
|Profession||Tech Entrepreneur, Advocate, Speaker, Consultant|
|Active Years||1981- Present|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches|
|Spouse(s)||Lorraine Kiernan Randolph|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$300 million|
What does Marc Randolph do?
- Marc Randolph is an eminent personality who has co-founded Netflix. He started his career in 1981 and joined the New York-based Cherry Lane Music Company. There he started learning direct email and other marketing techniques. He has always been passionate about e-commerce and wanted to do something in the field.
- Along with developing various marketing spheres, Randolph also helped produce the US version of the e-magazine MacUser in 1984. With Peter Godfrey, Marc co-founded mail-order firms Macwarehouse and MicroWarehouse. He has also worked for Borland Software Corporation and worked there until 1995. He saw the birth of the internet era and observed its emergence, which can reflect Netflix’s success and popularity. He was also one of the founding members of Integrity QA.
- Later he was hired as the vice president of corporate marketing in Pure Atria. In 1998, along with Reed Hastings, he founded Netflix. He was very much impressed with Jeff Bezos’s Amazon.com and wanted to form a site like that. In California, he managed his mother, Hastings, and Steve Kahn as the investors and launched Netflix on April 14, 1998. It became successful in no time. He applied all his experience in marketing and direct mail in his start-up. Randolph left the position of CEO at Netflix and joined the product development team in 1999.
- Finally, in 2002, he left the company. He then joined MiddCORE as a mentor and later joined Looker Data Sciences as a board member. He often gives speeches on entrepreneurship and innovation. He has also published his book, That Will Never Work: The Birth of Netflix and the Amazing Life of an Idea, in 2019.
What is the physical appearance of Marc Randolph?
- Marc Randolph is an American entrepreneur. He is 5.6 feet tall and weighs 67 kg. He was born on April 29, 1958, in Chappaqua, New York, USA. Stephen Bernays Randolph, and Mulriel Lipchick are his parents. He has green eyes and brown hair. His nationality is American, and he has white ethnicity. His birth sign is Taurus, and he doesn’t have any tattoos. He has 12.5 k followers on Twitter and 25.7 k followers on Instagram.
Is Marc Randolph straight?
- Marc Randolph is straight, and he has been married to Lorraine Kiernan Randolph since 1987. They are living a happy married life with three kids.
How wealthy is Marc Randolph?
- Marc Randolph is a successful entrepreneur. With his innovative approaches, he could form one of the most successful OTT platforms, Netflix. His current net worth is 300 million dollars.
- Marc Randolph was the co-founder of Netflix.
- Netflix was launched on April 14, 1998.
- Marc left Netflix in 2002.
- He is married to Lorraine Kiernan Randolph.
People Also Search For Debra Antney and Cenk Uygur