Cenk Uygur is a Turkish- American journalist, commentator, and internet personality. He is the founder of the socio-political show The Young Turks.
Who is Cenk Uygur?
Cenk Kadir Uygur is a known political personality worldwide. He is a political commentator, journalist, and entrepreneur. He has also served as an attorney in Washington DC before coming to the profession of a news presenter. He is one of the influential commentators in the United States of America and has a huge fan following his fearless presentation.
He has hosted the weeknight commentary show on the MSNBC network. He was chief news officer at Current TV. He had a huge interest in public speaking from childhood which has a vivid representation in his career.
|Birth Name||Cenk Kadir Uygur|
|Birth Date||March 21, 1970 (Age 51)|
|Birth Place||Istanbul, Marmara, Turkey|
|Other Names||Cenk Uygur|
|High School||East Brunswick High School|
|College||Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Columbia Law School|
|Profession||Commentator, journalist, activist, lawyer|
|Active Years||2000- Present|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Children||Prometheus Maximus Uygur, Joy Helena Uygur|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$6 million|
What does Cenk Uygur do?
- Cenk Uygur is a known personality in the USA who has served as an attorney earlier and has a political commentator and activist. He started his career as a lawyer and joined a well-known law firm in Washington DC named Drinker Biddle & Reath. He left the firm after some time and joined a New York-based firm, Hayes and Liebman. He was interested in activism since then and used to write critical columns in various newspapers and magazines. In 2002, Cenk formed the socio-political show The Young Turk, which is his most popular show. With this show, he intended to show political and social content that can influence people.
- The Youtube channel of the show has 5.12 million subscribers at the moment with overall 1billion+ views. In 2010, he got hired by MSNBC, where he served as a prime-time anchor of the network. In 2011, Current TV offered Cenk a job to produce the same shows like The Young Turk. They ended up producing The Young Turks with Cenk Uygur. The show ran for almost two years. In the same year of 2011, Cenk founded Wolf- Pack. It was a long-term project that took place during the time of Occupy Wall Street movement. Consequently, Cenk announced the formation of Justice Democrats to oppose the ruling party.
What is the physical appearance of Cenk Uygur?
- Cenk Uygur is a 51-year-old Turkish- American political commentator, journalist, and activist. He was born on March 21, 1970, in Istanbul, Marmara, Turkey. He belongs to a Muslim family who immigrated to the USA when he was 8. He is 5.8 feet tall, and his weight is 77kg. His eyes are black so is his hair. He is highly educated and attended East Brunswick High School.
- Cenk did his graduation in business from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He did his post-graduation in law from Columbia Law School. He has faced criticism during his academics for being Muslim, which triggered him to be an activist and public speaker. He refers to himself as an atheist. Due to his fearless remarks, he is followed all over the world. His Youtube channel The Young Turk has 5 million+ subscribers, and his Twitter handle has 521.2k followers.
Is Cenk Uygur having an affair?
- Cenk Uygur is married to Wendy Lang, and both of them are leading a happy married life. The couple has two kids Prometheus Maximus Uygur, Joy Helena Uygur.
Did Cenk Uygur achieve any award?
- Cenk Uygur received The Emperor Has no Clothes Award from Freedom From Religion Foundation in 2010. He also received the Humanist Media Award from the American Humanist Association.
What is the net worth of Cenk Uygur?
- Cenk Uygur’s present net worth is $6 million.
- Cenk Uygur founded The Young Turks in 2002.
- He is married to Wendy Lang.
- He won the Humanist Media Award from the American Humanist Association.