Doja Cat ((born October 21, 1995) is an American singer, rapper, songwriter, and record producer, best known for hits like “Say So”, “MOOO!”, “Like That”, “So High”, & “All Nighter”. Doja Cat was born Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini in Los Angeles, California, to Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer, a painter & Dumisani Dlamini, an actor. She began making and releasing music on SoundCloud as a teenager. Her song, So High, caught the attention of Kemosabe and RCA Records, where she signed a joint record deal at the age of 17, subsequently releasing her debut EP, Purrr!, in 2014.
She studied piano and danced as a child and teenager. The rap her brother listened to motivated her to develop her writing and rapping skills. She is inspired by Erykah Badu, Pharrell, Jamiroquai, PartyNextDoor, Drake and Indian culture, Hinduism, and Japanese culture. Blessed with an incredible voice and amazing musical skills, she is well on her way to building a reputation for herself in the highly competitive music world. The singer, inspired by Pharrell, Drake, PartyNextDoor and Erykah Badu, inspires many young professionals in the industry. She finally dropped out of high school when in her junior year, at the age of 16.
- Her songs are like MOO! & Say So has gone viral on social media, which boosts her popularity and fan followings.
|Real Name :||Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamin|
|Nickname :||Doja Cat|
|Date of Birth :||October 21, 1995|
|Age :||24 years old|
|Profession :||Rapper, Songwriter, Singer, Producer|
|Birthplace :||Los Angeles|
|Birth Sign :||Libra|
- Doja Cat was born Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini on October 21, 1995, to an artistic family in Los Angeles. Her father was a South African Actor, Producer, and Composer, Mother was a painter, and her grandmother was also an artist.
- She was interested in music and dancing from an early age, so she took piano and dancing classes since her childhood.
- Doja Cat dropped out of high school at the age of 16 and started focusing on music. She would download beats from YouTube and try to make her own music in the GarageBand app.
- Doja started her career by making and uploading music in the SoundCloud app.
- She would upload and take down the music. In late 2012, she uploaded her debut single “So High”, which attracted few views, and the fact that some people are actually listening to her songs made her cry.
- The song became popular and gave her an initial boost to the limelight. In 2014, she signed RCA Records and released her debut EP called Purrr!, which become a hit. She was 17 years old at the time.
- Now she has started becoming more and more popular. She continued releasing new music on YouTube and Soundcloud, which gave her more recognization.
- She has also collaborated with artists such as Skoolie Escobar, Pregnant Boy, Elliphant & Hellboy.
- Doja Cat Height and Weight: She is 5 ft 5 inches tall and weighs approximately 57kg. She has dark brown coloured eyes. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She has a fit and slim body.
- She is currently single. As per reports, she broke up with Johnny Utah in February 2020. She is not married or engaged and has no children.
|Father :||Dumisani Dlamini|
|Mother :||Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer|
Doja Cat NetWorth
- Doja Cat is an American singer, rapper, songwriter, and record producer from Los Angeles. She has an estimated net worth of $4 million in 2020. Her main income source is live shows, merchandise, and album sales.
- Doja Cat is a smoker.
- Her musical inspirations are Drake, Pharrell Williams, & PartyNextDoor.
- She loves surfing.
- She has a whopping 1 million followers on her Instagram account.
Image: @dojacat Instagram
View this post on Instagram