Who is Des Bishop?
Desmond Ryan Bishop, most famously known as Des Bishop, is a stand-up comedian with multiple appearances in television and films. Bishop was born in England, spent his childhood in New York, and settled in Dublin, Ireland. He has covered a wide range of jobs in his career, starting from hosting to writing books. Bishop has emerged as a comedian after observing social evils that were predominant at that time. He hosted shows on International Comedy Cellar. Bishop appeared in Don’t Feed the Gondolas, an Irish comedy panel show.
Along with Arthur Riordan, the comedian created Rap Éire, a hip-hopera. Des then appeared in the film In America. The comedian gained immense popularity when he featured in The Des Bishop Work Experience. He also appeared in Dancing with the Stars alongside Giulia Dotta. Bishop has penned down his book My Dad Was Nearly James Bond and released it in 2011.
|Birth Name||Desmond Ryan Bishop|
|Birth Date||12 November 1975 (Age 45)|
|Birth Place||London, England|
|Other Names||Des Bishop|
|Parent(s)||Eileen Bishop, Michael Bishop|
|High School||St. Francis Preparatory School|
|College||St Peter’s College, Wexford, Blackrock College, University College Cork|
|Profession||Stand-up comedian, Actor, Host|
|Active Years||The 1990s- Present|
|Height||6 feet 3 inches|
|Spouse(s)||Not married yet|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$1.5 million|
What does Des Bishop do?
- Des Bishop is a celebrated Irish stand-up comedian who has gained popularity throughout his career. Due to his shifts in three major countries, the UK, the USA, and Ireland, Bishop is known equally in all the countries. He observed the social issues threatening humanity severely, inspiring him to criticize and become a comedian. The entertainer started his career early in the 1990s and hosted shows in International Comedy Cellar. He then appeared on television in 2000 in the comedy show Don’t Feed the Gondolas. Following that, Bishop was involved in the creation of hip-hopera Rap Éire. The personality also featured in popular films like In America in 2002. In 2004, Bishop launched his TV show The Des Bishop Work Experience. He earned his success through thick and thin and worked in different places like the restaurant Abrakebabra,
- The Aqua-dome, supermarket Superquinn, and the Central Hotel in the capital of Ireland, Dublin. The comedian featured in the Irish television series In the Name of the Fada. He then worked in the television series Joy in the Hood. Bishop was a contestant in Dancing with the Stars, where he participated with Giulia Dotta but unfortunately could not win it. He has released many DVDs of his stand-up comedy, including Live at Vicar Street in 2003, Live in 2005, Fitting In in 2006, Tongues in 2007, Dysfunctional in 2009.
What is Des Bishop’s physical appearance?
- Des Bishop is a 45 years old Irish stand-up comedian. He was born on 12 November 1975 in London, England but has resided in Dublin, Ireland, since his teenage. Bishop’s parents were Eileen Bishop, Michael Bishop. His father died of lung cancer. Des’ brother Aidan Bishop is also a comedian. The entertainer did his schooling at St. Francis Preparatory School and has attended St Peter’s College, Wexford, Blackrock College, and University College Cork for further studies. Des’ height is 6.3 feet, and his weight is 77 kg. His eyes and hair are greys.
Is Des Bishop married?
- Des Bishop is engaged to American television actress Hannah Berner. The couple will soon get married.
- Bishop married Hannah Berner, a prominent cast member on the reality television series Summer House, in February 2021.
What is the net worth of Des Bishop?
- Des Bishop is a renowned stand-up comedian. His net worth is $1.5 million.
- Des Bishop appeared in the film In America.
- His height is 6.3 feet.
- Hannah Berner is BishopBishop’se.
View this post on Instagram