Who is Tom Kenny?
Tom Kenny is a famous comedian and actor born on 13th July 1962, one day before SpongeBob’s, on July 14 from America. He is renowned for his eponymous character in the SpongeBob Square Pants TV series and films. Tom Kenny grew up in East Syracuse, New York. When Tom was young, he was into comic books, drawing funny pictures, and collecting records. Tom turned to stand-up comedy in Boston and San Francisco. He has done voice-overs for numerous characters such as Carl Chryniszzswics in Johnny Bravo, Heffer Wolfe in Rocko’s Modern Life, the Narrator and Mayor in the Powerpuff Girls, and many more. He has been a part of comedy variety shows called The Edge and Mr Show.
Kenny has won two Daytime Emmy Awards and two Annie Awards for his voice work as SpongeBob SquarePants and the Ice King. A stand-up comedian with an ear for music, Kenny first gained notice with appearances on late-night talk shows and sketch comedy series such as “The Edge” (Fox, 1992-93) and “Mr Show with Bob and David.”
|Born||13th July 1962|
|Profession||Voice Artist, Actor, Comedian|
|Country||East Syracuse, New York, United States|
|Father||Paul Austin Kenny|
|Mother||Theresa Bridget (Donigan)|
|Children||Son – Mack Kenny|
Daughter – Nora Kenny
|Net Worth||$20 million|
Where was Tom Kenny born?
He was born to Paul Austin and Theresa Bridget in Syracuse, New York. He loved painting and collecting albums as a kid. He met Bob Goldthwait in the first grade of his schooling career, and they became friends forever. He went to Bishop Grimes Junior and senior high school. He performed as a stand-up comedian for eight long years worldwide before he shifted to other venues.
What are the significant achievements of Tom Kenny?
- He used to perform stand-up comedy for eight years after he completed his schooling. His first work was the rom-com in 1989 named “How I got into college.” His journey as a voice actor began in 1992 with an animated venture film named ‘Porco Rosso.’ He also worked on an action-adventure series titled ‘The Spy Kids: Mission-critical’ and a sci-fi called ‘Final Space.’
- But as funny as his live performances were, it was Kenny’s distinctively reedy, shape-shifting voice that turned out to be his most incredible talent. Starting in the 1990s, Kenny became an in-demand voice actor, giving life to such characters as the nervous Heffer Wolfe in “Rocko’s Modern Life” (Nickelodeon, 1993-96); the suave narrator and bumbling Mayor on “The Powerpuff Girls” (Cartoon Network, 1998-2005); and the eponymous, optimistic sea sponge in “SpongeBob SquarePants.”
What is the height of Tom Kenny?
As of 2020, Tom Kenny is 58 years old and is 1.8m tall. He weighs around 78 kg and has brown hair.
What is the relationship status of Tommy Kenny?
He is married to Jill Talley. They met each other while working on a sketch comedy series called ‘The Edge’ and have worked on various projects since then. Mack and Nora Kenny are the names of their son and daughter.
What is the net worth of Tom Kenny?
As of now, Tom Kenny’s net worth is estimated to be 20 million USD. He has made so much fortune from his TV series and movies, for which he has acted as a voice-over artist. He is one of the most prominent voices over stars of all time.
- He is the voice behind one of the characters in SpongeBob Square Pants.
- He is one of the most prominent voice-over artists of all time.
- Over the years, many show fans have asked Kenny to lend SpongeBob’s voice to their voice email and answering machines.
- In an interview, he joked that these custom messages might be more common than the factory.