Who is Richard Lewis?
Richard Lewis is world-famous for his comic personality and is quite famous for his acting skills as well. He is recognized for his stand-up comedies during the 1980s. He did that before making his debut into the acting career.
He is famous for co-starring in one of the most famous comedy series named Anything but love (1989-1992).
He went to Dwight Morrow High School and Ohio State University, graduating in 1969 with marketing and communications. He started working as a librarian in the archives of the Museum of Modern Art. Lewis wrote ad copy in New Jersey while also writing jokes for comedians. As a struggling comedian, he received a $1,000 loan from David Brenner, allowing Lewis to quit his job and focus on comedy full-time.
His famous nickname ‘The Prince of Pain’ is the most accurate moniker for the hair-tearing and morose yet hilarious persona he has adapted for television.
Lewis is not just an actor and comedian of great talent; he is also a writer, and all his life, he has contributed comic material to major magazines, including Playboy, and also released his memoir titled ‘The Other Great Depression in which he chronicled his lifelong struggle with drugs and alcoholism.
He appeared on Candid Camera (1960) when he was approximately 17. A bogus guidance counsellor advised him he was best-suited for work as a labourer and/or shepherd.
|Name||Richard Philip Lewis|
|Born||29 June 1947 (73 years old)|
|Profession||Stand-up comedian and Actor|
|Country||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Height||5 feet and 6 inches
|Spouse||Joyce Lapinsky (2005)|
|Net Worth||$8 million|
What is Richard Lewis famous for?
- Brooklyn is the birthplace of Richard Lewis. He was brought up in Englewood. Richard’s father was a caterer while his mother was doing great as an actress. His career began as a stand-up comedian in the 1970s. He also worked as a copywriter for an organization during the daytime and tried his skills as a comedian during the night.
- He sore to fame by appearing together with David Letterman on Late Night. He was also doing a personal TV special with HBO at that time.
- He also shared a screen with Don Rickles for Daddy, dearest. He has written several articles in the comedy genre for many magazines such as Playboy.
- He is popular for the main character played by him in Drunks. He played the character of Jimmy Epstein. He was also featured in the show called Game Day.
- Richard is also popular for appearing in one of the most famous sitcoms of AVC, which aired for four continuous years. He did that show with Jamie Lee Curtis. He also appeared in few movies named Once upon a Crime as well as Robin Hood.
- Also, please read about the rapper Jim Jones and his career.
What is the height and weight of Richard Lewis?
- Richard Lewis is 73 years old and 74 kg in weight. He is 1.75m tall.
Who is the wife of Richard Lewis?
- He married Joyce Lapinsky in the year 2005. However, he has no children with her—the couple is married and together since then.
What is the Net worth of Richard Lewis?
- The net worth of Richard Lewis is 8 million USD as of the year 2021. The major sources of his income are comedy as well as acting. He is very popular for his work as a comedian, which is too in the 80s.
- He is very popular as a stand-up comedian in the eras of the 80s.
- He has played the lead role in the show ‘Anything But Love’.
- He leads a life full of struggle in the beginning but later gained popularity due to his talent.