Alia Bhatt is a Bollywood actress and singer, belong to Bhatt family, she is daughter of renowned Hindi filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt. She was born on 15 March 1993, made her career debut as a child artist in thriller film Sangharsh in 1999. She made her first leading appearance in romantic drama Student of the Year directed by Karan Johar in 2012. She received critical acclaim for portraying emotionally intense characters in the road drama Highway (2014), which won her the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress, and the crime drama Udta Punjab (2016), which won her the Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
She started her playback singing career with the song “Sooha Saha” in Imtiaz Ali’s Highway, composed by A. R. Rahman. Later on, she also gave her voice to five songs and all those songs became chartbuster and popular among music listeners. Apart from her film career, she has launched her own line of clothing for women and she also does stage shows and concert tours.
She has also endorsed brands like Coca-cola, Garnier and Maybeline. She will be seen in Indian period thriller film Raazi, directed by Meghna Gulzar, slated to release on 11 May 2018.
One of the major hits given by Alia Bhat in the year 2019 was the movie Gully Boy which was based on the lives lead by street rappers. She starred alongside Ranveer Singh and this movie won a lot of awards for its screenplay, story, cast and music. Another big hit was Kalank (2019) , however her latest movie Sadak (2020) did not receive much love from the audience.
Some of the upcoming movies of Alia Bhat are Takht (Hindi), Gangubai Kathiawadi (Hindi) and RRR(Telugu, Tamil).
Alia Bhatt’s Personal Info
|Born||15 March 1993 (27 years old)|
|Country||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height||5ft 3in,160 cm,1.60 m|
|Weight||54 kg,119 lbs|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Father||Mahesh Bhatt (Director, producer, screenwriter)|
|Mother||Soni Razdan (Actress, director)|
Ranbir Kapoor (current Boyfriend)
|Net Worth||10 million USD|
Alia Bhatt Career Highlights
|Awards||-Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress (Highway)|
-Filmfare Award for Best Actress (Udta Punjab)
-BIG Star Entertainment Awards for Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Film – Female
-IIFA Award for Best Actress in Leading Role – Udta Punjab
Other Major Recogination
- 2013: The Times of India‘s Most Desirable Woman of 2012 #19
- 2013: The Times of India‘s Hotlist 2012 Most Promising Female Newcomer: #1
- 2015: GR8! Women Awards: Contribution to cinema
- 2017: Listed in Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia
|School||Jamnbai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|Favorite Food||Fish, Moong Dal Halwa, French Fries, Ragi Chips, Rasgulla|
|Favorite Film||Eternal Sunshine of the Mind|
|Favorite Destination||Himachal Pradesh, London|
|Favorite Actor||Shahrukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Govinda, Leonardo DiCaprio|
|Favorite Actress||Kareena Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut, Jennifer Lawrence|
|Favorite Fashion||Forever 21, Topshop|
View this post on Instagram
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Singing, Yoga, gymming, listening music|
|Likes||Studying, playing handball, sleeping|
|Dislikes||Eating hot food|
|Cars Collection||Audi Q5, Audi A6|
Coca-cola, Garnier and Maybeline
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- In 2014, Alia caught in controversy when she performed in extravaganza controversial event Safai Mahotsav organized by Samajwadi Party. It was the time when Muzzafarnagar riots took place in Uttar Pradesh. Later she apologized for it.
- She was trolled on social media sites after she failed to give some of the politics related questions in Coffee with Karan. She was tagged with ‘beauty without brain’ for her serious mistakes.
- Alia had an FIR and an arrest warrant issued against her for being an active member of the audience in AIB Roast.
- Alia was signed for Student of the Year only after auditioned of 400 girls for her character.
- She has celebrity crush on Ranbir Kapoor.
- Shah Rukh Khan is her childhood hero.
- She always carries sunglass and perfume in her bag.
- She used to be overweight, to get fit into character demand of Student of the Year, she got into three months of personal training under a strict diet and only after that she lost around 16 kg weight and looked glamorous on screen.
- She is currently dating Ranbir Kapoor and they are also planning to get married.
- She was highly criticized for her latest film release Sadak 2, however she is planning to come back soon with big hits.
|Address||#205, Silver Beach Apartments, Juhu, Mumbai|
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile