Who is Jenni Rivera?
Dolores Janney Rivera Saavedra, famously known as Jenni, was an American singer who was also a spokesperson and an entrepreneur. Jenni was born on July 2, 1969, and started her career in 1992. Her songs had issues related to the prevailing problems of society like infidelity, faces of relationships, etc. The famous work that led her towards success was ‘Parrandera, Rebelde y Atrevida.’
In 2007, Rivera won the Lo Nuestro Award, making her the Regional Mexican Female Artist. Her album ‘Jenni,’ released in 2008, took her to the top position on the US Billboard Top Latin Albums chart.
Jenni became the top-selling regional Mexican artist of that time, and her works had sold more than 20 million records all over the world, which made her the highest-earning banda singer of that era.
|Birth Name||Dolores Janney Rivera Saavedra|
|Born||July 2, 1969 (Age 43)|
|Died||December 9, 2012|
|Profession||Singer, actress, songwriter, spokesperson, entrepreneur, television producer, author.|
|High School||Long Beach Polytechnic High School|
|College||California State University, Long Beach|
|Net Worth||$25 million|
|Genre||Regional Mexican, Latin Pop|
|Albums||Si Quieres Verme Llorar, Jenni, Que Me Entierren Con la Bnada, Dejate Amar.|
What is the success story of Jenni Rivera?
- Jenni recorded her albums like ‘We are Rivera’ and ‘Farewell to Selena,’ and later in the 1990s, she signed contracts with Sony Music and Fonovisa Records. In 1999, Jenni released her first album with Fonovisa Records, known as ‘Que Me Entierren Con la Banda’ that talked about Las Malandrinas”. This album became a success and gave her fame, and started her career. ‘Dejate Amar’ and ‘Se las Voy a Dar an Otro,’ released in 2001, earned her first nomination for the best banda singer.
- In 2005, success came to her with ‘Parrandera, Rebelde y Atrevida’, which attained the tenth position in the Billboard Top Latin Albums list. In 2007 her album ‘Mi Vida Loca’ topped the Mexican albums chart.
- Rivera’s album, ‘Jenni,’ in 2008, won the Lo Nuestro Award, making her the first woman to win that tribute. ‘La Gran Senora’ nominated her for Best Ranchero Album in 2009. Rivera received the Regional Mexican Female Artist of the Year award in 2011.
What was the physical appearance of Jenni Rivera?
- Jenni Rivera was 54 kg or 119.05 lbs. she was 5.5 feet tall and had fair skin color. Her body measurements were 32-26-32.
- She had an oval-shaped face and brown eyes. Her brown hair, which was medium length, completed her beauty, and she had an attractive personality.
What was the relationship status of Jenni Rivera?
- Rivera was married thrice in her lifetime and gave birth to five children. Her first husband was Jose Trinidad Marin, and she had three children with him but divorced him in 1992. She again got married to Juan Lopez in 1997 and had two children with him. Then she married Esteben Loaiza in 2010.
What was the net worth of Jenni Rivera?
- Jenni had a net worth of $25 million. She gave many hit albums during her life which was the primary source of income. She produced many records and also became a successful businesswoman.
- Jenni Rivera was born as well as raised in Long Beach, California.
- Banda, ranchera, and nortena are examples of traditional Mexican music she learned.
- The first album that gave her success was ‘Que Me Entierren Con la Banda.’
- ‘Jenni’ earned the top position on the Billboard Top Latin Albums list in the US.
- She died in a plane crash near Monterrey on December 9, 2012.