Ming-Na Wen is a prominent American actress as well as a model. She is notably known for her association with Disney and her portrayal of the character Mulan.
Who is Ming-Na Wen?
Ming-Na Wen is one of the most famous names in Disney cinematic creations. She is an actress and model hailing from the USA. Though Wen has Chinese and Macanese ethnicity, she has made her own identity in America and Hollywood. She has appeared in The Joy Luck Club, One Night Stand, Mulan, The Darkness, etc. The actress is also a known face on television. Her most popular TV series include- As the World Turns, ER, The Single Guy, Vanished, Stargate Universe, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and others. For her excellence in the entertainment field, Wen has received several prestigious awards and recognition. In 2019, the artist was honored with the Disney Legends Award.
Wen received the Annie Award in Outstanding Achievement in Voice Acting, Female in Mulan in 1998. The following year, she won the Online Film & Television Association Film Award for the Best Family Actress in Mulan. In 2001, the actress was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Awards alongside other actors in the TV series ER, but unfortunately, she could not win it. She received the recognition of TVLine’s Performer of the Week for her contribution to the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
|Birth Name||Ming-Na Wen|
|Birth Date||November 20, 1963 (Age 57)|
|Birth Place||Coloane Island, Macau|
|Parent(s)||Lin Chan Wen, Soo Lim Yee|
|Sibling(s)||Jonathan Wen, Leong Yee|
|High School||Mount Lebanon High School|
|College||Carnegie Mellon University|
|Active Years||1985- Present|
|Nationality||Chinese, American, Macanese|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Spouse(s)||Kirk Aanes (1990-1993)|
Eric Michael Zee (1995-Present)
|Children||Michaela Zee, Cooper Dominic Zee|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$6 million|
What is Ming-Na Wen’s Profession?
- Ming-Na Wen is a popular American actress who made her television debut with Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood in 1985, and later in 1987; she played a minor role in Another World. The following year, the actress received one of her major roles, Lien Hughes, in the soap opera As the World Turns. Wen played the role of Dr. Jing-Mei “Deb” Chen in the 1995 medical drama series ER. In the same year, she acted in The Single Guy’s sitcom series. The artist has also appeared in several television films such as Blind Spot, Vanishing Son II, Vanishing Son IV, Tempting Fate, etc.
- Wen gave her voice in the animated series Batman in 2004. One of her primary roles is Agent Melinda May in the 2013 TV series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Wen stepped into the film industry with Rain Without Thunder in 1993. She has given her voice to the protagonist, Fa Mulan, in the 1998 Disney animated movie Mulan. The actress is widely recognized for this that ultimately offered her the opportunities to portray the role in future films of the franchise. Apart from this, the artist appeared in Street Fighter in 1994, Teddy Bears’ Picnic in 2002, Prom Night in 2008, The Darkness in 2016.
Is Ming-Na Wen educated?
Ming-Na Wen graduated from Carnegie Mellon University. She has also attended Mount Lebanon High School. Wen is a 57 years old actress born in Coloane Island, Macau. Lin Chan Wen and Soo Lim Yee are the parents of the actress.
What is Ming-Na Wen’s relationship status?
Ming-Na Wen has been married to Eric Michael Zee since 1995. The couple has two kids- Michaela Zee and Cooper Dominic Zee. Wen married Kirk Aanes earlier in 1990. The couple separated in 1993.
What are the income sources of Ming-Na Wen?
Ming-Na Wen is a successful actress in America. She has portrayed several influential roles in her career. Wen’s net worth is $6 million.
- Ming-Na Wen is 5.4 feet tall.
- Her birth sign is Scorpio.
- Wen has given her voice to the character Fa Mulan in Disney films.
View this post on Instagram