Who is Trina?
Katrina Laverne Taylor is an American singer, television personality, songwriter, and rapper. The 42-year-old was born on 3rd December 1978 in Miami, Florida, US.
Popularly known as Trina, she is well known for her consistency as a rapper. She is a renowned name among the female rappers who have made a mark in the genre, hip-hop appearance. Besides being a veteran female rap artist, Laverne has also made a petty good name for herself as a TV personality. Similarly, Trina’s work has not gone unnoticed at all.
Born Katrina Laverne Taylor on April 18, 1974, in Miami, Florida, Trina was a popular student at Miami Northwestern High School. A majorette, she was also voted “Best Dressed” in her senior class. When she was 17, she began a relationship with Hollywood, the brother of rapper Trick Daddy, but this ended in tragedy in 1994 when Hollywood was murdered in his car.
|Name||Katrina Laverne Taylor|
|Born||December 3, 1978|
|Profession||Singer, Television Personality, Songwriter, Rapper|
|Country||Miami, Florida, US|
5 ft 2 in
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
(She often dyes her hair)
What is Trina famous for?
- Trina was offered to make her appearance in Trick Daddy’s track Nann Nigga. The song’s success gave a kickstart to her rap career. Her debut album became another success of her career which helped her gain even more popularity.
- Diamond Princess, Trina’s second album, was also a hit. The album, in the first week itself, sold 67,000 units. Trina’s third album titled Glamorest Life did even better than her first two albums, with its sale of 77,000 units in the album’s first week. The album had her two most successful singles – Here We Go and Don’t Trip.
- She was at the peak of her fame when she started to release her albums independently in 2011. She first released a mixtape with singles like Can I and Ghetto. Her mixtape featured several artists, and within two days of its release, it gained 4.8 million streams.
- Trina’s sixth album, titled The One, was released in the year 2019.
What kept Trina fit?
- She, in an interview, revealed that she is not much of a diet person and loves to eat a variety of foods, but she also knows to discipline herself. She cuts down carbs, bread, and rice from her diet and adds much protein in chicken and different seafood.
- She had tried kickboxing and spinning but did not like it much as it used to hurt. She loves pilates in her workout routine and sometimes takes hip-hop dance classes which, according to her, is a great workout idea.
- Also, read about Guy Sebastian.
- Trina dated Lil Wayne, a rapper from 2005 to 2007. The couple confirmed their engagement in 2005. She was later pregnant with the rapper’s child but unfortunately had a miscarriage.
- Trina, in the year 2007, started dating Kenyon Martin, a basketball player. They later broke up in 2010. She also dated French Montana, a rapper, in 2012. The couple ended the relationship in 2014.
- In an interview in 2018, she openly talked about her bisexuality and confessed to having dated several men and women. She is currently reported to be together with Raymond Taylor.
- Her net worth is estimated to be $6 Million. She has made a successful career in the rap industry. Her songs have been major hits. She has made a powerful impact in the industry at a very young age.
- She started an NGO named Diamond Doll Foundation, intending to help younger girls pass through their life struggles.
- She has won ASCAP Awards and BMI Awards twice, and many others like EME Awards. Apart from her music, her appearance in the movie A Miami Trail got her a Golden Trailer Award.