Shane Lowry (born on April 2, 1987) is an Irish golfer who is the best know for winning the Irish Open as an amateur in 2009, the 2015 WGC_Bridgestone. He also became The 2016 U.S Open‘s runner up. His outstanding accomplishments include winning the 2019 Open Championship, the Irish Open as a beginner in 2009, and the 2015 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational.
Shane Lowry is the son of Brendan Lowry. Brendan was a member of the Offaly All-Ireland team that in 1982 won one of the biggest football contests in Ireland’s history. Because of his father’s history in sports, Shane went to the Athlone Institute of Technology, where he earned a Higher Certificate scholarship in Sport and Recreation. He also has a sibling brother named Alan. The brother is also a golfer. Lowry is at his 33 now with his pick time.
Shane Lowry, the professional golfer, was the 2007 Irish Amateur Close Champion, crushing Niall Turner 4 and 3 in the final. While still a novice in May 2009, Shane Lowry won The Irish Open on the European Tour, vanquishing Robert Rock on the third opening of an unexpected passing season finisher.
In this article, we will share everything about Shane, like his net worth, height, weight, relationship, and more.
So, Let’s get started:
|Birthdate||April 2, 1987|
|Age||32 years old|
- Shane Lowry was born to Offaly 1982 All-Ireland winning footballer Brendan Lowry in Midlands Reginal Hospital, Mullingar, Country Westmeath.
- He grew up in Clara, Country Offaly, where he started his amateur career by learning golf at Esker Hills Golf Club. Talking about his education, Shane attended the Athlone Institute of Technology as a scholarship student.
- After starting his amateur golf career, Shane quickly rose to fame after defeating Niall Turner 4 & 3 in the final and become the 2007 Irish Amateur Close Champion.
- Afterwards, he won The Irish Open on the European Tour, defeating the likes of Robert Rock on the third hole of a sudden-death playoff.
- Winning the trophy on his tour debut gave him a lot of applause, and He becomes the third amateur to win on the European Tour.
- Lowry has reached as high as 58th in the European Tour rankings and has earned over 20,000 pounds in his professional career. His home course is Esker Hills Golf Club, and he also golfed at the University College of Dublin.
- Lowry’s four amateur wins and one professional win have positioned him as one of the top Irish golfers on the European Tour. His young age and power-hitting have earned him recognition with knowledgeable fans around the world.
- Lowry represented Europe in the 2021 Ryder Cup at Whistling Straits in Kohler, Wisconsin, in September 2021.
- He ranked at No. 168 amateurs entering the Official World Golf Ranking and No. 6 in the World Amateur Golf Ranking.
Shane Lowry Net Worth
What is Shane Lowry net worth?
- He has an estimated net worth of $10 million – $20 million (USD). The Open Championship offered Lowry up a $10.75 million total purse in 2019.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020||$10 million – $20 million (approx.)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019||$10 million – $15 million (approx.)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018||$1 million – $5 million (approx.)|
|Primary Income Source||Golfer (profession)|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
- Besides his primary income source, Lowry makes income from sponsorship deals. Shane’s biggest sponsors are Bonnington Group, Sxrin, McGettigan’s, Simply Golf, and Kartel.
Who is Shane Lowry married to?
- Shane Lowry is married to Wendy Honner. The couple got engaged in 2014 and got married on 13 April 2015 in New York City.
- The marriage ceremony was celebrated with their family and friends only.
- How tall is Shane Lowry? He stands at the height of 6 feet 1 inches or 1.854 meters tall and weighs approximately 102 kg or 225 lbs. He has blue coloured eyes and brown coloured hair.
- His zodiac sign is Aries.
- Shane & Emma Lavy Bradford both are professional golf players.
Is Shane Lowry Alive?
- According to various sources like Wikipedia & Forbes, Shane Lowry is alive and healthy as of 2020.