Who is Kelly Slater?
Robert Kelly Slater is a professional American surfer. He is most popular for his unmatched and extraordinary wins in eleven surfing world championships. He is looked on as the world’s best professional surfer to date.
He has also won several other championships, including the ‘Boost Mobile Pro’, ‘Billabong Pro’, and ‘Rip Curl Pro’, amongst many more. Not just a surfer, this talented athlete has diverse interests, some of them being music and films.
|Name||Robert Kelly Slater|
|Born||February 11, 1972|
|Height||5 feet and 9 inches
|Net Worth||$20 million|
What is Kelly Slater famous for?
- He was born on 11th February 1972 in Cocoa Beach, Florida, the USA, where he still resides. He has two brothers Sean Slater and Stephen. Slater growing up near the Aquas, started surfing at a very young age of 5. He started taking part in several events and championships when he was 10. Apart from winning in the United States, he won championships like the World Amateur Championships in England and then won the Pacific Cup Championship for the juniors in Australia the next year.
- Slater struggled a year and two on his professional tours after turning into a professional in 1990. But then, in the year 1992, he won Pipeline Masters, which was a prestigious win as it gave Slater’s his first world title. This victory made 20-year-old Kelly Slater the Youngest Surfing World Champion.
- Apart from the sport, Slater has also given some musical appearances and collaborations with various artists. He was also seen starring in several surf films in his career and Baywatch, the popular 1990’s American TV show, and in The Girls Next Door, a reality show.
- Slater losing a few friends to suicide is also a spokesperson and fundraiser for suicide prevention. He is also an environmentalist, is very serious about globally preserving the ocean, and is very passionate about protecting California’s temperate reefs.
- He holds a record of being 11 times champion in the World Surf League, with his five successive wins in 1994-98. He does not hold the title of being the youngest man to win WSL, but at the age of 39, he also became the oldest to win the men’s title.
What is the height and weight of Kelly Slater?
- The 48-year-old surfer has a height of 5 feet and 9 inches and is around 72kgs.
- Also, read about Matt Barnes.
Who is the wife of Kelly Slater?
- Kelly Slater is not married yet. The professional surfer has dated many iconic women, including Gisele Bündchen and actress Cameron Diaz. He is currently dating Kalani Miller, his long time girlfriend and a surfer from California. Stater also has a 24-year-old daughter named Taylor Slater.
Kelly Slater Net Worth
What is the Net worth of Kelly Slater?
- Kelly Slater has a net worth of $20 Million.
- By winning several championships, Kelly Slater is said to have surpassed Mark Richards, an Australian surfer.
- He was a competitor in X Games 2003 and 2004.
- Kelly, apart from being an excellent surfer, is also an enthusiastic golfer.
- Slater won Triple Crown of Surfing in the year 2019 in Hawaii.
He is a world champion surfer 11 times in a row.
Youngest world champion surfer at 20 and oldest world champion at 39.
View this post on Instagram