Priyanka Chopra is an Indian actress, singer, film producer, philanthropist, and the Miss World 2000 pageant winner. She was born on 18 July 1982 in Jamshedpur, Bihar (now in Jharkhand), to the family of Capt. Dr Ashok Chopra and Dr Madhu Chopra, both Indian Army physicians. She had a very varied upbringing. She started her education at La Martinière Girls College in Lucknow as a resident student.
One of India’s highest-paid and most popular celebrities, Chopra has received numerous awards, including a National Film Award and five Filmfare Awards. In 2016, the Government of India honoured her with the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, and Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world. Bollywood debut in The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003).
She is often referred to by the nickname “Piggy Chops”, which was given to her by co-stars on Bluffmaster!
She played the leading lady in the box-office hits Andaaz (2003) and Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004) and received critical acclaim for her breakout role in the 2004 thriller Aitraaz. In 2006, Chopra established herself as a leading actress of Indian cinema with starring roles in Krrish and Don’s top-grossing productions. After undergoing many ups downs in her acting career, the versatile actress finally got what she deserved. Her blockbuster movies like- Dil Dhadakne do with Ranveer Singh and Farhan Akhtar, Bajirao Mastani opposite Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh, Jal Gangaajal, Baywatch, The Sky is pink.
In addition to her acting career, Chopra is noted for her philanthropic work. For the last ten years, she has worked with UNICEF and was appointed as the national and global UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights in 2010 and 2016, respectively. As a recording artist, she has released three singles. She is also the founder of Purple Pebble Pictures’ production company, which released the acclaimed Marathi comedy-drama Ventilator (2016).
Priyanka Chopra’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||18 July 1982|
|Country||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India|
|Net Worth||50 million USD|
|Nick Name||Piggy Chops, PC, Sunshine, Mimi|
|Profession/Occupation||Actress, Model, Singer, Endorser|
|Language Known||Hindi. English|
|Debut Movie||Tamil- Thamizhan (2002)
Hindi- The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003)
English- Baywatch (2017)
|Debut TV||English- Quantico (2016 present, in the lead)|
|Debut Song||Ullathai Killathe (2002, Tamil film- Thamizhan)|
|Net Worth||$32 million|
|Salary||9-10 crores/per film (INR), $4 million/year for TV shows (USR)|
|School||La Martiniere Girls School, Lucknow|
|St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly|
|Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts|
|John F, Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids, Lowa, Linn|
|Army School, Bareilly|
|College||Jai Hind College and Basant Singh Institute of Science, Mumbai|
|Mother||Madhu Chopra (Physician in Indian Army)|
|Father||Lok Ashok Chopra (Physician in Indian Army)|
|Sibling||Siddhartha Chopra (Younger brother)|
|Girlfriend/Boyfriend Dated||Aseem Merchant (Actor)
Akshay Kumar (Actor)
Harman Baweja (Actor)
Shah Rukh Khan (Actor, Rumored)
Shahid Kapoor (Actor)
|– in cms||169 cm|
|-in meters||1.69 m|
|-in feet inches||5’61/2|
|-in KG||55 kg|
|-in Pounds||121 lbs|
|– Waist||28 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||35 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||9 US|
|Favourite Food||French Fries, Risotto, Burgers, Chicken/Mutton, Fish Curry, Sarson Ka Saag, Bourbon Biscuit, Red Velvet Cake|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood- Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi
Hollywood- Jerry Maguire, Pretty Woman, Walk in the Clouds.
|Favourite Destination||Peris, Brazil, Mexico|
|Favourite Actor||Tom Hardy, Matthew McConaughey, Mel Gibson, Shah Rukh Khan, Kishore Kumar, Dharmendra|
|Favourite Actress||Rekha, Sushmita Sen|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Singing, Writing Poems, Reading, Photography|
|Cars Collection||Rolls Royce Ghost, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes Benz E Class and BMW 7 Series|
View this post on Instagram
- Dabur Amla Hair Old, Vatika Shampoo, Nokia, Asmi Diamond Jewelry, Samsung, Coolpad, Pearls, Nivea, Pepsi, Fizz, Nikon Camera, Pantene Shampoo etc.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- Priyanka Chopra’s ‘bare-legged meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Berlin made many negative social media talk.
- After the rumours of her alleged affairs with Akshay Kumar, they decided not to work together post-Waqt.
- PC alleged affair with SRK created a lot of controversies. Her regular visit to Shah Rukh Khan’s home Mannat and at various events miffed his wife, Gauri Khan, and after that, Gauri made it clear that she didn’t want her husband to work with her Priyanka Chopra anymore.
- Her magazine cover attracted a lot of flak on social media and otherwise for her incredibly flawless armpits, which she proved are indeed perfect with a post on her official Instagram account. People claimed it to be photoshopped.
- Priyanka Chopra’s first movie as a producer has left regional cinema furious over its’ raunchy and obscene content.
- Due to her parents’ occupations, the family relocated to several places in India, including Delhi, Chandigarh, Ambala, Ladakh, Lucknow, Bareilly, and Pune.
- At thirteen, Chopra moved to the United States to study, lived with her aunt, and attended schools in Newton, Massachusetts, and Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- During her high-school years, she participated and won the local “May Queen” beauty pageant.
- At the age of 18, she won the Femina Miss India contest in 2000, where Shah Rukh Khan was one of the judges.
- She was supposed to make her Hindi debut with the film Ek Haseena Ek Deewana, opposite Govinda, but the film got shelved.
- Priyanka Chopra’s nickname Piggy Chops was given by Abishek Bachchan during the shooting of the film Bluffmaster.
- She is a trained singer in western classical music and released her first single, In My City, in the US in September 2012.
- PC is gadget freak and love collecting camera.
- It is said that she has undergone a series of surgeries to enhance her nose and lips.
- She is the first Indian actress whose foot impression was taken in Ital’s famous Salvatore Ferragamo Museum.
- She is a pet lover, or more specifically, she is a dog lover.
- The age difference between her husband and Priyanka made a great deal of trolling on social sites. However, she never gave a damn about it.
- The tweet about not bursting crackers on Diwali attracted many trolls as she was seen smoking in one of her latest posts on Instagram.
- 2016: Padma Shri
- 2016: Times “100 Most Influential People in the World”.
- 2008: National Film Award- Best Actress for Fashion
- 2004: Filmfare Best Female Debut- Andaaz
- 2005: Filmfare Best Performance in a Negative Role- Aitraaz
- 2009: Filmfare Best Actress Award- Fashion
- 2012: Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress Award- 7 Khoon Maaf
- 2016: Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award- Bajirao Mastani
- 2007: IIFA Best On-Screen Beauty- Krrish
- 2009: IIFA Best Actress- Fashion
- 2016: IIFA Woman of the Year
- 2016: IIFA Best Supporting Actress- Bajirao Mastani
- 2016: People’s Choice Award- “Favourite Actress In A New TV Series” – Quantico
|Address||Green Acres at Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri, Mumbai|
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile