JT (Jatavia Shakara Johnson) is a famous rap band. She was born in Miami, Florida, on December 3, 1992. Get info on JT’s Networth, her relationship, height, weight and full bio.
City Girls is a famous rap band. And JT is one of its members who has attained success after a lot of struggles. Know about her life in this article!
Who Is Jatavia Shakara Johnson?
JT (Jatavia Shakara Johnson) is one of the City Girls hip hop band members. The other member is Yung Miami (Caresha Romeka Brownlee). On December 3, 1992, JT was born and was from Miami, Florida. After making an uncredited guest appearance on ‘In My Feelings’, both the girls became famous.
JT is a famous singer and has a huge fan following. She has been active since the year 2017 and delivered some of the hits all enjoy today. Both the girls have been nominated and won many awards for their work and have been appreciated.
Jatavia Shakara Johnson’s Quick Bio
|Real Name||Jatavia Shakara Johnson|
|Date of Birth||December 3, 1992|
|Age||29 years old|
|Occupation||American singer and rapper|
|Birthplace||Liberty City, Miami, Florida, U.S|
|Country||United States of America|
|Height||5 feet 2 inch|
|Social Media Accounts|
Jatavia Shakara Johnson’s Career
How did JT attain success?
- After making repeated guest appearances on In My Feelings’, the City Girls came into the limelight after making repeated guest appearances. They also signed to Quality Control Music and released their debut mixtape, ‘Period’, in 2018 under its banner. They also released two studio albums: Girl Code in 2018, which features the Platinum-certified singles ‘Twerk’ in which Cardi B appeared, ‘Act Up’, and ‘City on Lock’ in 2020.
- In early 201, both the girls recorded their debut track, ‘Fuck Dat Nigga’, aimed at their ex-boyfriends. Almost all the songs they have released have made them immensely popular, and they have garnered large crowds as their fans.
- JT has struggled a lot to reach the position she is in today. Belonging to a family which was not financially well established, JT had to work as a stripper at nightclubs and blocked parties.
- In 2019, the girls released their second studio album, ‘City on Lock’, which became famous as soon as it was released. The album’s first single, ‘Jobs’, was also received warmly. Many famous rappers like Yo Gotti, Doja Cat, Lil Durk, and Lil Baby made guest appearances on the album, which gave it a boost. In May 2021, ‘Twerkulator’ was officially released and appreciated by all their fans.
- JT has released more than 15 songs, including You Tried It, Twerk, Money Fight, Flewed Out, Period, Winnin, etc.
- Though her profession is all about singing, rapping, and songwriting, she works for Gucci, Dior, Chanel, and Burberry.
Jatavia Shakara Johnson’s Personal Information
What is the physical appearance of JT?
- Jatavia Shakara Johnson is 5 feet 2 inches tall.
- She has long black hair with blonde highlights, and her eyes are black.
- Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
- She is one of the most famous rappers globally and has a huge fanbase.
- “My mother was an addict,” JT added, and “drugs devastated my childhood.”
Jatavia Shakara Johnson’s Relationship Status
What is the relationship status of JT?
- JT is currently dating rapper Lil Uzi. The couple is very much in love, and they are even planning to have kids. Lil Uzi has even tattooed JT’s name on his hand.
Controversy Around Jatavia Shakara Johnson
Their lives have been on a rollercoaster since they first entered the music world in their twenties. They just published the singles I’ll Take Your Man and F*** That N****, which drew the attention of record company Quality Control Music. At the same time, City Girls drew Drake’s notice, and the girls were included in his song, In My Feelings. “We were like, ‘Oh b****, Drake knows our names?!’ when Pee played the song and Drake shouts our names.” During an interview with Rolling Stone, Johnson reflected on the incident. “I’m on the verge of crying just thinking about it.”
While the duo’s professional lives were going well, Johnson had major personal problems. After making some fake credit card payments, the rapper was charged with aggravated identity theft and the use of unauthorized access devices. Johnson later agreed to a plea deal in which she admitted to aggravated identity theft, and the other counts were dropped. She was subsequently sentenced to 24 months in jail, followed by up to a year of supervised release.
Jatavia Shakara Johnson’s Net worth
What is the net worth of JT?
- The approximate net worth of JT is $250K.
Some Quick Trivia on Jatavia Shakara Johnson
- Jatavia Shakara Johnson is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter who belongs to the City Girls hip-hop band group.
- She was born on December 3, 1992.
- She is 29 years old.
- Jatavia Shakara Johnson’s rapping partner is Yung Miami.
- JT had left her studies after school to work.
- Most of her individual, as well as group songs, are famous.
- She is in a relationship with rapper Lil Uzi.
- The couple is planning to have kids.
- Her net worth is $250K.
- She is one of the most successful rappers in the U.S.
- Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
- She has released more than 15 songs so far.
- She began her career in 2017.
- “Twerkulator” was officially released on May 21, 2021.