Zaira Wasim is an Indian film actress. She was born on 23 October 2000 in Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir. She completed her basic schooling in 2017 from St. Paul’s International Academy studying under Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education. Prior to acting in Hindi films, Zaira Wasim has acted in two television commercials. In 2016 she starred in her first film Dangal, playing the childhood character of the Indian sportswoman Geeta Phogat, with the performance winning her the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Zaira’s most successful film was Secret Superstar, wherein she played the protagonist, Insiya, a young girl who aspires to become a singer. After that she was seen in the movie the sky is pink, along with superstars like Priyanka Chopra, Farhan Akhtar and Rohit Saraf, the movie was a blockbuster movie. Zaira Wasim was awarded filmfare awards for best supporting Actress. However, In June 2019, she publicly announced that she is quitting her career in the film industry because somehow it was coming in between her religious beliefs.
Basic Personal Info
|Born||23rd october 2000 (20 years old)|
|Country||Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
Debut Movie Dangal (2016)
Debut TV –
Net Worth n/a
Awards National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for Dangal
Big Zee “Best child artist” Award for Dangal
School St. Paul’s International Academy, Sonwar, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir
Mother Zaeqa Wasim
Father Zahid Wasim (Executive manager of Jammu & Kashmir Bank)
Sibling Brother- Zoraiz Wasim
Marital Status Unmarried
Spouse Name –
Married Year –
Girlfriend/Boyfriend Dated –
Sexual Orientation Straight
– in cms 155 cm
-in meters 1.55 m
-in feet inches 5’1”
-in KG 50 kg
-in Pounds 110 lbs
– Chest/Bra 32A
– Waist 24 inches
– Biceps/Hips 34 inches
Eye Color Black
Hair Color Black
Hair Type –
Shoe Size 8 US
Favorite Food –
Favorite Sport –
Favorite Film –
Favorite Destination –
Favorite Color Black
Favorite Actor Aamir Khan
Favorite Actress –
Favorite Fashion –
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
Hobbies Playing Guitar, reading novels and watching Game Of Thrones
Bike Collection –
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- She drew criticism from these trolls when pictures of her meeting with Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti emerged. She described Wasim as a “Kashmiri role model”.
- The Indian sports minister Vijay Goel tweeted “Our daughters are breaking out of their cages and moving forward” accompanied by a photo of him standing before a painting depicting two women – one in a hijab and another cowering in a cage. Wasim responded with a tweet that she did not believe the story depicted in the painting was not relevant to hers and she believed that “Women in hijab are beautiful and free“.
- In February 2017, a further controversy erupted when a twitter user shared an old pro-Pakistan Facebook message by Wasim’s mother posted during an India-Pakistan match played in Dhaka for World Twenty20 championship in 2014.
- Zaira Wasim cleared her Class X board exams on 12 Jan 2017.
- It’s said that her family was against her acting in a Bollywood movie, it was her school principal and her aunt who convinced her parents.
- Before appearing in film, Zaira Wasim has done two commercials in 2015 – one for satellite television provider Tata Sky and another for smartphone Nokia Lumia.
- She auditioned for the role of young Geeta Phogat in “Dangal” with 19,000 other girls.
- She loves playing guitar.
- She is a cat lover and has a pet feline.
- She claims herself to be a shy person who has limited friends. She loves doing destructive things, breaking things.
- In 2017, Zaira Wasim posted a live video of her from the flight where she alleged that she was harassed in the flight by the fellow passenger. The Airline then issues an apology letter to Zaira Wasim promising a proper investigation on this case.
- Zaira Wasim became a hot topic in 2019 when she announced that she was quitting her career in acting for religious beliefs- few actors mourn the loss of talented actors whereas others trolled her for doing the same.
- Zaira because of her religious belief and practices has been an easy target for many and also for her tweets which has made her deactivate her accounts from social media now and then, however, she is active now.
Phone Number Not Share Publicly
Mobile Number Not Share Publicly
E-mail Not Available
Website Update soon
Social media Profile