Shruti Haasan is an Indian film actress and singer who works in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi language films. Haasan was born on 28 January 1986 in Chennai to actors Kamal Haasan and Sarika Thakur. As a child artist, she sang in films and appeared in a guest role in her father’s Hey Ram (2000). She made her acting debut in the 2009 Bollywood film, the drama thriller film Luck.
She pursued a degree in Psychology from St. Andrew’s College, Mumbai. Shruti Haasan sang her first song aged just six in her father’s Thevar Magan. After which, she sang a duet performing for a child’s voice in the Hindi film Chachi 420. She then sang the theme song Rama Rama for the film, Hey Ram.
Shruti Haasan made her Telugu debut in January 2011, acting opposite Siddharth in the fantasy adventure film Anaganaga O Dheerudu which won her Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut – South. She later went on to win critical acclaim for her role in the Walt Disney fantasy film in Telugu, Anaganaga O Dheerudu (2011), Oh My Friend (2011) and her Tamil debut 7aum Arivu (2011). After several successful films like Gabbar Singh (2012), Race Gurram (2014), Vedalam (2015), Srimanthudu (2015), and Singam 3 (2017), she established herself as one of the leading contemporary actresses in Tamil and Telugu cinema.
She made her debut in Bollywood with the movie Ramayavastavaya starring Grish Kapoor and Sonu Sood. Later, she saw in Shamitabh, Gabbar is Back, Welcome back, Rocky Handsome, Behen hogi Teri. She has also worked in a short movie starring Kajol Devgas based on rape, domestic violence, and acid survivors.
In addition to acting, Haasan has also continued her stint in music through work as a singer in Indian languages and has become an established playback singer in India. She also began her career as a music director with her father’s production Unnaipol Oruvan and her own music band and album. In addition, Shruti Haasan was signed as a brand ambassador for electrical appliances company Lloyd. She also endorses Emami Navratna cool talc.
Shruti Haasan’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||28th January 1986|
|Country||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Net Worth||6 million USD|
|Debut Movie||As a child actress: Hey Ram (2000)
Hindi- Luck (2009)
Telugu- O Dheerudu (2011)
7aum Arivu (2011)
|Singing Debut||“Potri Paadadi Ponne” from the film Thevar Magan (1992, Tamil)|
|Net Worth||15 Crores INR|
|Salary||1-2 crores/per film (INR)|
|School||Abacus Montessori School, Chennai|
|College||St. Andrew’s College, Mumbai|
|Mother||Sarika Thakur (Actress)|
|Father||Kamal Haasan (Actor, Filmaker)|
|Sibling||Sister- Akshara Haasan (Actress)|
|Boyfriend Dated||Siddharth (Actor)
Dhanush (Actor, Rumored)
Michael Corsale (Theatre Actor from London)
|– in cms||170 cm|
|-in meters||1.7 m|
|-in feet inches||5’7”|
|-in KG||54 kg|
|-in Pounds||l119 bs|
|– Waist||27 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||34 inches|
|Eye Color||Hazel Brown|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Favourite Food||Sambar Saadam, Dosa, Japanese Food, Ice-Cream, Jalebi|
|Favourite Film||Mughal-E-Azam (Bollywood), The Godfather (Hollywood)|
|Favourite Destination||Seychelles, Los Angeles, Goa|
|Favourite Color||Grey, Red, Black|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Kamal Haasan, Rajnikanth, Ram Charan|
|Favourite Actress||Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Fashion||Balmain, Zara, Forever 21, H&M, Mango|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Dancing, Singing, Reading and Writing|
|Cars Collection||Range Rover Sport|
View this post on Instagram
- Lloyd TV, Fanta, Nestlé MUNCH, Lloyd, Emami Navratna cool talc.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- While shooting for ‘Yevadu’, Shruti had been clicked by someone secretly and was uploaded on social media sites. It made Haasan so upset that she filed a police complaint against the producer.
- Shruti Haasan had gone for the nose job. She went under cosmetic surgery to fix her nose to suit her face.
- She also went for a lip job.
- In 2014, during an event, Shruti and Tamannah Bhatia hugged and kissed each- other in front of public in Chennai that gathered a lot of media attention.
- In 2013, she was attacked by a stalker in her Mumbai apartment, She fought back shutting the door and managed to jam.
- She wanted to make her future in music rather than acting as she was very fond of music since her childhood.
- When she was student, she named herself ‘Pooja Ramchandaran’ as she didn’t want her friends to treat her as the daughter of famous actor Kamal Haasan.
- At the age of 6, she made her singing debut with the song “Potri Paadadi Ponne” for the Tamil film ‘Thevar Magan’.
- Haasan is a trained dancer in various forms such as Kuchipudi.
- She is the vocalist of a rock band called “The Extramentals”.
- She is multilingual and can speak 8 different languages.
- She has a collection of over 100 pairs of shoes that says how crazy she is about shoes.
- Kate Moss and Nicole Richie are her fashion icons.
- She was also targeted for going for a living relationship with her alleged boyfriend Siddharth- to which she denied and said that those rumors were baseless.
- Later she was also accused for coming in between Dhanush and his wife Aishwarya”s relations, however this was also denied by all three of them.
- 2010: Edison Awards for Best Introduced Music Director – Unnaipol Oruvan
- 2012: Filmfare Awards South for Best Female Debut- 7aum Arivu
- 2012: CineMAA Awards for Best Female Debut- Anaganaga O Dheerudu
- 2013: Asiavision Awards for Excellence in Tamil
- 2013: SIIMA for Stylish Actress of South Indian Cinema
- 2013: SIIMA for Pride of South Indian Cinema
- 2013: CineMAA Awards for Best Actress- Gabbar Singh
- 2015: Filmfare Awards South for Best Actress – Telugu- Race Gurram
- 2015: IIFA Utsavam for Performance In A Leading Role – Female – Race Gurram
- 2016: SIIMA for Best Actress – Telugu- Srimanthudu
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile