The life of Rickey Smiley
Rickey Smiley was born in 1968 in Alabama. His father passed away when he was six years old. Her mother’s extended family helped raise Smiley, and he grew up under the supervision of his grandparents. Rickey grew up among people who had a good sense of humor and good storytelling.
A very talented American standup comedian, actor, radio personality, and television host has been hailed as one of the funniest persons in America. Smiley graduated from Alabama state university in 1992. His first ever comic talent was in a comedy show in Birmingham. He started his comic profession in 1989, and shortly after, he began working with already established skills. He is well known for having made millions of people laugh for more than 27 years.
|Birth Name||Broderick Dornell Smiley|
|Born||August 10th, 1968 (Age 53)|
|Profession||Standup comedian, actor, radio personality, and television host|
|Country||United States of America|
|Height||6 ft (183 cm)|
|Weight||78 kg or 172 lbs|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|High School||Woodlawn High School|
|College||Alabama State University|
|Net Worth||The US $ 7 million|
|Genre||Standup comedian, actor, radio personality, and television host|
|Works||Friday After Next, 2002|
Don’t Trip; He Ain’t Through With Me Yet, 2006
The Best of Rickey Smiley, 2004
Prank Phone Calls Volume II, 2004
Rickey Smiley Volume III, 2004
Off the Hook Volume IV, 2004
Rickey Smiley Volume V, 2006
The Way We Do It, 2001–2002.
Comedy Central, 2006.
What is the success story of Rickey Smiley?
- Smiley’s comic sense soon opened minor screen prospects. He appeared on multiple shows such as Def Comedy Jam, Snaps, etc. His talent led to the highest ever rating increase in the front during 2000-2001. Smiley, though appeared a natural host but never limited himself to the role. He uses no vulgarity in his shows, hence attracting audiences of all ages. He has used his performances to inspire the African American community to put an end to the violence. He was part of a tour called “Latham Entertainment Presents” in 2002 and 2003, which elevated Smiley’s profile to the next level.
- He started his radio program in 2005. He used his same witty strategies on the radio program. He would call friends or unknown people to prank them on random topics, some of which are “Uncle Melvin, Whose Funeral is Today?”, Is My Daddy Over There, Pray For Me, Come Over. Buried alive”. He released five volumes of his prank calls in 2006 on compact disc. Smiley’s political and social causes of interest were visible in his closing notes of the commentary during the shows. He spoke about the importance of voting, encouraging family relationships, and ending African American community violence. His activism spurred speculation that he might contest for a US senate position someday.
What is the physical appearance of Rickey Smiley?
Rickey is 6 feet tall and has a slim build. His bodyweight is 78 kg, and he maintains a healthy diet to stay fit. He has dark brown short hair and black eyes.
What is the relationship status of Rickey Smiley?
Rickey has maintained his personal life private. He is single at present and has one past relationship. He is well known for being a single parent. He has raised two children named Brandon Smiley and Malik Smiley and adopted 15 kids. Rickey got to know about his eldest son after six years of his birth. It was confirmed after the DNA test that it was his blood. After frequent initial visits, his son decided to stay with him.
What is the net worth of Rickey Smiley?
Rickey has a net worth of 7 million. His earnings were from hosting mainstream television shows, standup comedy acts, and movies.
- In 2004, Rickey won BET’s Platinum Mic Viewer’s Choice Award.
- Marconi Award for Network/Syndicated Personality of the Year by NAB in 2017.
- Honored associate of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity and Kappa Kappa Psi National Band fraternity.
- His radio show is heard in over 60+ markets.
- Proficient pianist and organist.
View this post on Instagram