Who is Ralph Macchio?
Ralph George Macchio Jr. is a popular American actor and producer. He roles in all three sequels of Karate Kid and Cobra Kai, a television and a sequel series. His roles in television series and films like The Outsiders, My Cousin Vinny, Eight is Enough (a television series), Ugly Betty, Crossroads, and The Deuce are a few of his well-known works.
Currently, the actor, currently 59, was born on November 4, 1961, in Huntington, New York, US. He’s the older of two boys born to Rosalie and Ralph Macchio Sr. His father is of half Greek and half Italian descent, and his mother is of Italian ancestry. In a 1980 screen test, Macchio stated his family is from Naples. He graduated from Half Hollow Hills West High School in 1979.
Macchio later portrayed several diversified characters and is known for his versatile acting skills. In addition to being an actor, Ralph is also a producer and director. In 1984, Ralph gained international fame when he was cast as Daniel LaRusso in ‘The Karate Kid’. He reprised his role in The Karate Kid II sequels and ‘The Karate Kid III’.
|Name||Ralph George Macchio Jr.|
|Born||November 4, 1961|
|Country||Huntington, New York, US|
5 ft 9 in
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Father||Ralph Macchio Sr.|
|Children||Daniel Macchio, Julia Macchio|
- Ralph Macchio was 16 when a talent agent came across him. He was cast in Eight is Enough as Jeremy Andretti and then appeared in The Outsiders (1983) as Johnny Cade. His performance in The Outsiders got him the role of Daniel LaRusso in Karate Kid in 1984 and then in its other two sequels. He played Billy Gambini in the 1992 hit comedy My Cousin Vinny.
- Macchio was seen in HBO’s 2005 series Entourage and then in No More Kings’s music video Sweep The Leg in 2007 as a parody of his character in Karate Kid as Daniel and himself. He also appeared in two music videos of Danko Jones. Macchio was codified as N0. 80 in the VH1’s list of 100 Greatest Teen Stars in 2008.
- Macchio was seen starring in Hitchcock with Scarlett Johansson, Antony Hopkins, Toni Collette, Helen Mirren and Jessica Biel. He also appeared in the popular American sitcom How I Met Your Mother in 2013. Macchio had also co-starred Mario Cantone in 2016 for A Room of My Own.
- Alongside William Zabka, Ralph Macchio is also a co-producer of the series Cobra Kai.
What keeps Ralph Macchio fit?
- The Karate Kid star Ralph Macchio was always an extreme sports enthusiast. In many interviews, he has spoken about how being healthy is important to him. He makes sure to include vegetables, fruits, whole grain, protein and fibre in his diet. He enjoys exercising and cardio. Macchio also plays softball and tennis.
- He never lets his age keep him away from his love for extreme sport and his workout routine.
- Also, read about Jet Li.
- Ralph Macchio’s grandmother introduced them to his wife, Phyllis Fierro, a nurse practitioner. He was only fifteen then. On April 5, 1987, the couple married each other and had two children, Julia Macchio, their daughter, and Daniel Macchio.
- Ralph Macchio’s net worth is totalled to be nearly $4 million. He is a co-producer of the television series Cobra Kai which made $100,000 per episode of its two seasons. As reported, the series pays $1 million per person for each season.
- Macchio’s mother has Italian ancestry, while his father is half Italian and half greek.
- Macchio played the role of Teddy in Cuba and his Teddy in 1986.
- Macchio is a New York Islanders fan and was presented as celebrity captain of the team in 1991.