Who is John Mulaney?
John Edmund Mulaney is an American actor, producer, writer and well known stand-up comedian. He was born on 26th August 1982. He is popular as a writer in Saturday Night Live, Kid Gorgeous, New in Town, The Top Part and The Comeback Kid. For Stand-up Specials, he worked as a stand-up comedian.
He was awarded by Primetime Emmy Awards for his writing in 2018. Mulaney is also known for voice acting in Big Mouth, a Netflix Originals. In 2018, he made his debut in films with SpiderMan: Into the Spider-Verse, in which he had given his voice for Peter Parker/Spider-Man.
A fan of sketch comedy and sitcoms from childhood, the Chicago native studied English lit at Georgetown University before moving to New York City to pursue work in comedy. After working there for about a year, he got an office job at Comedy Central and pitched the idea for a spoof of VH1’s I Love the ’80s.
Born in Chicago, Illinois, he got the opportunity to audition for his first film role when he was only seven. However, as his parents declined, his acting career was postponed. His parents are both of Irish Catholic descent.
|Born||August 26, 1982|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Writer, Stand-up comedian|
|Country||Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
He has Irish and 1/8th German ancestry
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Father||Charles W. Mulaney|
- Mulaney started his profession in comedy as an office assistant in Comedy Central. Although he soon quit the job and started working as a freelancer.
- In 2008 he auditioned for Saturday Night Live, won a place in the show’s writing team, and worked for four continuous seasons. He co-created Stefon, an SNL character, with Bill Hader. He was nominated for 2 primetime Emmy Awards and won one for Outstanding Music and Lyrics. Apart from being a member of the show’s crew, Mulaney even hosted Saturday Night Live four times; first in 2018, April 14th, then on March 2nd, 2019 and twice in 2020.
- Mulaney also wrote for other Tv shows like Maya & Marty, Comedy Central Roast and many more. He also voiced for films and Netflix Originals. He also voiced for Marvel Contest of Champions, a mobile game for the character Spider-Ham.
- Mulaney has always been in the headlines for his excellence as a stand-up comedian since 2008. He has performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Conan, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, and many other shows. Comeback, in his stand-up Comedy special, was released on Netflix on November 13, 2015.
- Money for his comedy was invited to perform various charity events like Seth Rogen’s Hilarity for Charity and Jon Stewart’s Night of Too Many Stars.
What keeps John Mulaney fit?
- John Mulaney, a 38-year-old famous American stand-up comedian, is not much of a fitness enthusiast. His pictures are loved on social media, and he pretty much says that he hits the gym only sometimes but is not a complete gym addict.
- Also, read about Karl Pilkington.
- John Mulaney married Annamarie Tendler, a makeup artist, on July 5, 2014. Dan Levy, a friend of Mulaney, performed the wedding ceremony of the couple.
- John Mulaney’s net worth is estimated to be around $6 million.
- Although Mulaney’s parents were Irish Catholic, his religious beliefs are more Jewish.
- He is an NBA fan and frequently attends the games.
- He talked about his struggles with drinking and drugs in his stand-ups.
- Apart from voicing for Netflix Originals and films, Mulaney also voiced for Back on the Air, an animated promotional short film.