Mulaney’s talents extend to voice acting, as seen in the Netflix Original “Big Mouth.” His film debut occurred in 2018 with “SpiderMan: Into the Spider-Verse,” lending his voice to Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Hailing from Chicago, he studied English literature at Georgetown University before embarking on a comedic journey in New York City. Beginning with an office role at Comedy Central, he pitched and realized the spoof concept of VH1’s “I Love the ’80s,” reflecting his lifelong affinity for sketch comedy and sitcoms.
John Mulaney’s Quick Bio
|Born||August 26, 1982|
|Profession||Comedian, Actor, Writer|
|Height||6 feet (183 cm)|
|Weight||Approximately 175 lbs (79 kg)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Father||Charles W. Mulaney|
|Mother||Ellen Stanton Mulaney|
|Spouse||Anna Marie Tendler (formerly)|
|Net Worth||Estimated around $6 million (as of my last update in 2021)|
|Body Measurements||Not publicly disclosed|
|Education||Bachelor’s degree in English Literature and Spanish from Georgetown University|
|Alma Mater||Georgetown University|
|Marital Status||Divorced (from Anna Marie Tendler)|
|Parents||Charles W. Mulaney (Father), Ellen Stanton Mulaney (Mother)|
|Source of Wealth||Comedy, Acting, Writing|
|Acting Debut||Film: “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” (Voice, 2018)|
|Years Active||2004 – Present|
|Famous for||Stand-up comedy specials, SNL writer, “Big Mouth” (TV show)|
|Awards||Multiple comedy awards and nominations, including Primetime Emmy Awards|
|Filmography||“Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” (Voice), “The Irishman” (Actor), etc.|
|Television||“Saturday Night Live,” “Big Mouth,” various stand-up specials|
|Social Media||Twitter, Instagram|
|Official Website||N/A (as of my last update)|
|Other Platforms||N/A (as of my last update)|
|Hobbies||Stand-up comedy, Writing, Sketch Comedy|
|Interests||Comedy, Literature, Performing Arts|
|Philanthropy||Notable involvement in charitable events and causes|
|Causes Supported||Various social and community causes|
|Residence||New York, United States|
|Contact||N/A (as of my last update)|
|Quotes||“Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free… legally?”|
|Fun Facts||John Mulaney voiced the character Spider-Ham in the animated film “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.”|
John Mulaney’s Career
- Mulaney started his profession in comedy as an office assistant in Comedy Central. Although he soon quit the job and started working as a freelancer.
- In 2008 he auditioned for Saturday Night Live, won a place in the show’s writing team, and worked for four continuous seasons. He co-created Stefon, an SNL character, with Bill Hader. He was nominated for 2 primetime Emmy Awards and won one for Outstanding Music and Lyrics. Apart from being a member of the show’s crew, Mulaney even hosted Saturday Night Live four times; first in 2018, April 14th, then on March 2nd, 2019 and twice in 2020.
- Mulaney also wrote for other Tv shows like Maya & Marty, Comedy Central Roast and many more. He also voiced for films and Netflix Originals. He also voiced for Marvel Contest of Champions, a mobile game for the character Spider-Ham.
- Mulaney has always been in the headlines for his excellence as a stand-up comedian since 2008. He has performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Conan, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, and many other shows. Comeback, in his stand-up Comedy special, was released on Netflix on November 13, 2015.
- Money for his comedy was invited to perform various charity events like Seth Rogen’s Hilarity for Charity and Jon Stewart’s Night of Too Many Stars.
What keeps John Mulaney fit?
- John Mulaney, a 38-year-old famous American stand-up comedian, is not much of a fitness enthusiast. His pictures are loved on social media, and he pretty much says that he hits the gym only sometimes but is not a complete gym addict.
- Also, read about Karl Pilkington.
- John Mulaney married Annamarie Tendler, a makeup artist, on July 5, 2014. Dan Levy, a friend of Mulaney, performed the wedding ceremony of the couple.
- John Mulaney’s net worth is estimated to be around $6 million.
- Although Mulaney’s parents were Irish Catholic, his religious beliefs are more Jewish.
- He is an NBA fan and frequently attends the games.
- He talked about his struggles with drinking and drugs in his stand-ups.
- Apart from voicing for Netflix Originals and films, Mulaney also voiced for Back on the Air, an animated promotional short film.
- In February 2021, he transitioned to outpatient care.