Parineeti Chopra is a mainstream Hindi film actress who debuted her film career in the 2011 romantic comedy film Ladies vs Ricky Bahl. On 22 October 1988 in Ambala, Haryana studied at Manchester Business School and has a triple honours degree in business, finance and economics. Apart from his acting career, she frequently endorses brands and products and keeps herself busy in various humanitarian works.
Parineeti received Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for Ladies vs Ricky Bahl. She later won Nation Film Award- Special Mention for her critically acclaimed performance in the box office hit romantic drama Ishaqzaade. In 2017, after a break of three years, she appeared in the film Meri Pyaari Bindu in which she made her playback singing debut with the song “Mana Ki Hum Yaar Nahin”. After that, she was seen in many good movies which were appreciated by critics like-Dishoom, Golmaal again, Namaste England, Kesari, Jabariya Jodiya featuring Siddharth Malhotra as a lead actor in the movie.
Currently, she is preparing for Saina Nehwal’s biopic and just one, but she is already signed for 3 more upcoming movies.
Chopra initially aspired to pursue a career in investment banking. Still, after obtaining a triple honour’s degree in business, finance and economics from Manchester Business School, she returned to India during the 2009 economic recession and joined Yash Raj Films relations consultant. Later, she signed a deal with the company as an actress.
In 2011 Chopra made her screen debut in the romantic comedy Ladies vs Ricky Bahl, supporting Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma.
Parineeti Chopra’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||22nd October 1988|
|Country||Ambala, Haryana, India|
|Net Worth||8 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Ladies vs Ricky Bahl (2011)|
|Debut TV||India’s Best Cinestar Ki Khoj (Singing Reality Show) (2014)|
|Net Worth||$6.7 million|
|Salary||2-4 crores/per film (INR)|
|School||Convent of Jesus and Mary, Ambala|
|College||Manchester Business School, Manchester, England|
|Father||Pawan Chopra (Businessman)|
|Sibling||Shivang Chopra and Saraj Chopra|
|Boyfriend Dated||Maneesh Sharma (Director)|
|– in cms||165 cm|
|-in meters||1.65 m|
|-in feet inches||5’5”|
|-in KG||58 kg|
|-in Pounds||128 lbs|
|Shoe Size||7 US|
|Favourite Food||Kadhi Chicken, Pizza, Rajma-Chawal|
|Favourite Film||Pakeezah, Kuchh Kuchh Hota Hai, Barfi|
|Favourite Destination||Goa, London|
|Favourite Actor||Saif Ali Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Rani Mukherji|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Cars Collection||Audi A6, Jaguar XJL|
View this post on Instagram
Kurkure, Nivea, Maaza, Spinz, and WeChat, Mahinda Scooty, Pantene etc.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- Recently, Parineeti Chopra was accused of lying about her being poor by her classmate when Chopra attended an event at a self-defence academy for women in Mumbai and actor Akshay Kumar and spoke about her financial crunch of school days. Later, she clarified her statement on Facebook and Twitter.
- She has gone through body-shaming for her weight in the early days of her film career. After she put on lost weight, it was a slap on the face of the shamers. But, when, in a video, Parineeti, along with Alia, advised her friend to ‘eat less, become thin, while wishing her on his birthday, twittering didn’t digest it well and slam her saying ‘fake’, ‘obnoxious’, and ‘obsesses with body image’.
- She landed up in controversy when she was given an award for losing her weight, and Rishi Kapoor made fun of her by saying, “I couldn’t believe it when they recently gave an award to Parineeti for losing weight. Can someone please give me an award for gaining weight?”
- She has also studied Indian Classical Music. She has done BA Hons in Music.
- Parineeti Chopra’s bag always contains Nivea Total Face Cleanup face-wash, perfume, lip balm and cell phone charger.
- Parineeti Chopra, in an interview given to Hindustan Times, revealed that she selects those movies in which she had a lot to perform and not those, which has high production value.
- Parineeti never wanted to be an actress; she had the desire of becoming an investment banker.
- She was trolled for posing with a Koala in one of her Instagram posts; however, she knows how to shut trolls like a pro.
- She has a huge crush on Saif Ali Khan.
- She looks up to Anushka Sharma in life and also wants to follow her living style.
- Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut- Ladies vs Ricky Bahl (2011)
- National Film Award- Special Mention – Ishazaade (2012)
- People’s Choice Award India- Favorite Debut Actor (2012)
- Big Star Entertainment Award- Most Entertaining Actor in Comedy Role
- IIFA Award for Best Debut and Best Supporting Actress
- Screen Award for Best Promising Newcomer
- Stardust Award for Superstar of tomorrow (2012)
- Stardust Award for Style Icon of the Year (2015)
- Zee Cine Award for Best Debut Actress
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile