Norwood Young is a well-known singer and songwriter in the USA. He was born in Ewing Township, New Jersey, the USA, on 28 August 1970. Get info on Norwood’s Networth, his relationship, height, weight and full bio.
Norwood Young is a recognised rhythm and blues singer globally and has popularised the music genre.
Who is Norwood Young?
Norwood Young is known for his incomparable contribution to the music industry. Hailing from the United States of America, Young has emerged as one of the most popular R&B singers. His songs have broken multiple music chart records throughout the years. The singer has been recognised several times for his contribution to music. His song I Fell In Love With You First was nominated for the prestigious Grammy Awards. Young’s legacy has scattered worldwide, from the USA to Bangkok, from the UK to Japan. The artist started his career as a jazz singer and thus joined the famous band Pieces of a Dream. Being the group’s lead singer, Young had more responsibilities than the other musicians.
After gaining fame in western countries, the singer moved to Bangkok and formed his band, Hollywood Soul Brand. Apart from being a successful singer, Young is an entrepreneur too. He owns clubs, as well as a music band. His hit albums are Can’t Let You Go, Just Norwood, and Getting Back to My Me. Aside from creating solo music, the musician has collaborated with other artists and featured in their music pieces.
Norwood Young’s Quick Bio
|Birth Name||Norwood Young|
|Birth Date||28 August 1970 (Age 51)|
|Birth Place||Ewing Township, New Jersey, USA|
|Parent(s)||Betty L. Young|
|Sibling(s)||Tanya Young Williams|
|High School||Notre Dame High School|
|College||Did not attend|
|Education||High school graduate|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Entrepreneur|
|Active Years||The 1980s- Present|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$16 million|
Norwood Young’s Career
What does Norwood Young do?
- Norwood Young is a famous R&B singer in the USA. He is now staying in Bangkok, Thailand. Young is a singer, songwriter, performer, and entrepreneur. He became associated with music at the age of six. Practising music for such a long time has made him a fine singer. Young started making appearances in different Tv shows as a musician.
- Following his emergence as a music artist, Young got an offer to sign a contract with MCA Records. His first album, Can’t Let You Go, was released. Should Have Been Us Together and Feels So Good are two of the most hit songs of the album that broke many records. While growing up, the singer has gone through an abusive lifestyle. Young was assaulted and raped by one of his family members. He was highly influenced by the incident, which is visible in his music. As a lead singer, the singer joined the eminent jazz band Pieces of a Dream. One of the hit albums of the group is Bout Dat Time. Young featured in Dreamgirls under Broadway production.
- Moreover, he appeared in TV shows such as High Maintenance 90210 and Botched. The singer released one of his hit albums titled Just Norwood in 2007. His next album, Getting Back to My Me, included Afterword and Acknowledgements.
Norwood Young’s Personal Information
What is Norwood Young’s Physical appearance?
Norwood Young is a 51 years old singer in the USA. He has a height of 5.8 feet and a bodyweight of 68 kg. The singer went through plastic surgery. His eyes are dark brown, and his hair is black. Young attended Notre Dame High School.
Norwood Young’s Relationship
What is Norwood Young’s relationship status?
Norwood Young’s relationship status has been a vague one. But according to his Instagram post, Young is married to Victoria Shaffer. Moreover, he was in a relationship with the American actress Tichina Arnold.
Norwood Young’s Net worth
Is Norwood Young rich?
Norwood Young is a successful singer, songwriter, performer, and entrepreneur. His net worth is $16 million.
- Norwood Young was the lead singer of Pieces of a Dream.
- He founded the band Hollywood Soul Brand in Bangkok.
- Young’s first album was Can’t Let You Go.
View this post on Instagram