Michael Steele is a distinguished American politician, lawyer, author, and commentator. He was the Republican National Committee’s chairperson for two years.
Who is Michael Steele?
Michael Stephen Steele, better known as Michael Steele, is a celebrated commentator, politician, writer, and attorney in the USA. He is a member of the Republican party and has served as the Chairman of the Maryland Republican Party. The politician was moreover the Lieutenant Governor of Maryland from 2003 to 2007. At the same time, he served as a chairperson of the Minority Business Enterprise. During that time, he was also the director of the political training firm of the Republicans titled GOPAC.
Apart from politics, Steele is a reputed attorney in the country. He has worked with notable law firms such as LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae. Later, the lawyer co-founded the Republican Leadership Council. Steele is a prolific writer and has written for the American web magazine The Root. He has also penned down two masterpieces Right Now: A 12-Step Program for Defeating the Obama Agenda and The Recovering Politician’s Twelve Step Program to Survive Crisis.
The politician has also served as a political commentator for the New York-based channel MSNBC. For his contribution, Steele has received several recognitions in his career. In 2002, he won the prestigious Vikki Buckley Political Leadership Award. Furthermore, the politician is a holder of the Bethune-DuBois Institute Award. He also runs a self-named podcast.
|Birth Name||Michael Stephen Steele|
|Birth Date||October 19, 1958 (Age 62)|
|Birth Place||Andrews Field, Maryland, USA|
|Other Names||Michael Steele|
|Parent(s)||Maybell Steele, William Steele|
|High School||Archbishop Carroll High School|
|College||Johns Hopkins University, Villanova University, Georgetown University, Georgetown University Law Center|
|Profession||Commentator, politician, writer, attorney|
|Active Years||2000- Present|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Spouse(s)||Andrea Derritt Steele(1985- Present)|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$4 million|
What is Michael Steele’s profession?
- Michael Steele is a renowned American politician and commentator. As a career option, he first chose to be a school teacher at the Malvern Preparatory School. After pursuing his Juris Doctor degree, Steele started working in a law firm named Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton. He has also worked for LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae. The lawyer left his job to found his firm titled Steele Group.
- Slowly, he started increasing interest in politics and joined the Republican Party. Soon after that, he was named Prince George’s County Republican Central Committee’s Chairman. In 1993, Steele co-founded the Republican Leadership Council to train the leaders for tomorrow. After working hard in Maryland and being part of several campaigns, he successfully attained the post of the Chairman of the Maryland Republican Party.
- The politician served for two years in the post. Steele became the 7th Lieutenant Governor of Maryland preceded by Kathleen Kennedy Townsend and served till 2007. One of his significant contributions is the Republican slogan Drill Baby Drill in 2008. As a commentator, Steele has worked in MSNBC as a political investigator.
Where did Michael Steele study?
Michael Steele completed his schooling at Archbishop Carroll High School. He gained his bachelor’s degree from Johns Hopkins University. Steele completed his Juris Doctor degree from Georgetown Law School. He was born on October 19, 1958, in Andrews Field, Maryland, USA.
What is Michael Steele’s relationship status?
Michael Steele has been married to Andrea Merritt Steele since 1985. The couple is leading a happy married life with two loving children.
What is Michael Steele’s net worth?
Michael Steele’s net worth is $4 million.
- Michael Steele is a Republican.
- He wrote columns in The Root.
- Steele is a lawyer.
- He founded the consulting company Steele Group.
View this post on Instagram