The Mayor of New York City, Bill de Blasio, is one of the best politicians in the U.S. Learn more about his life and success in this article today!
Who is Bill de Blasio?
Warren Wilhelm Jr. or Warren de Blasio-Wilhelm is an American politician who was the 109th mayor of New York City since 2014. He is a member of the Democratic Party and held his New York City Public Advocate office from 2010 to 2013.
He was born on May 8, 1961, and is 60 years old. He was born in Manhattan and was raised in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He started his career as an elected official on the New York City Council.
Bill de Blasio has not attended church service early childhood and has declared himself ‘spiritual but not religious. He is one of the most famous politicians in the U.S.
|Real Name||Warren de Blasio- Wilhelm|
|Nick Name||Bill de Blasio|
|Date of Birth||May 8, 1961|
|Age||60 years old|
|Occupation||American political personality, Mayor of New York City|
|Birthplace||Manhattan, United States|
|Country||United States of America|
|Height||6 feet 5 inches|
|Education||Cambridge Rindge and Latin School|
Bachelor of Arts from New York University
Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs
|Social Media Accounts|
How did Bill de Blasio attain success?
- Bill de Blasio was a student activist at school and college. He supported the student’s rights and protested issues like library hours and nuclear proliferation. He served as a social relief activist in Nicaragua. He finally returned to the U.S as a committed socialist.
- However, he continued to be inclined towards left-leaning policies.
- In 1989, he entered municipal politics as a junior staffer in the mayoral campaign of David Dinkins. Afterwards, he became an assistant for community affairs in the same administration.
- He became the regional director in the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in 1997. He resigned from the work and became the campaign manager for Hillary Clinton.
- In 2001, he was elected the representative of the 39th district of Brooklyn in City Hall. After serving for three terms, he became the public advocate in 2009.
- In 2013, he was elected the mayor of New York City. Bill de Blasio fought for the cause of economic inequality and promised to tax workers in New York who earned more than a specific limit a year. He also promised to provide proper education and affordable housing.
- In 2019, he declared he wanted to run for the presidential election, but he could not gather much support.
What is the physical appearance of Bill de Blasio?
- Bill de Blasio is 6 feet 5 inches tall.
- He has short white hair and his eyes are black.
- His zodiac sign is Taurus.
- He is one of the most famous politicians all over the world, and he has great support.
What is the relationship status of Bill de Blasio?
- Bill de Blasio is married to Chirlane McCray, who is a poet and an activist. The couple has two children Dante and Chiara. Previously, the family lived in Park Slope, Brooklyn. Later they shifted to Gracie Mansion.
What is the net worth of Bill de Blasio?
- Bill de Blasio and his wife’s net worth is $2.5 million as of August 2019.
- Warren de Blasio-Wilhelm is an American politician who served as the mayor of New York City.
- He was born on May 8, 1961, and is 60 years old.
- He was born in Manhattan and later on shifted to Cambridge in Massachusetts.
- He started his career as a municipal staffer in the mayoral campaign of David Dinkins.
- He was a student activist in school and college.
- His zodiac is Taurus.
- He is married to Chirlane McCray.
- He has two children, Dante and Chiara.
- His net worth is $2.5 million as of August 2019.
- He wanted to be a candidate for the presidential elections in 2020 but did not get popular support.
View this post on Instagram