Meg White is a former singer and musician in America, mainly known as the fantastic Detroit-based rock group, The White Stripes.
Who is Meg White?
Megan Martha White, famously known by her stage name Meg White is a singer and musician in the USA. The singer has now parted her way from the music industry, but her legacy as a notable musician will remain forever. Meg and her ex-husband created the rock combo titled The White Stripes. Their contribution to the genre of rock is beyond limitation. Meg White has received and been nominated for several recognitions in her professional career while associated with The White Stripes. She was nominated for the prestigious Grammy Awards eight times, among which White won four in 2004, 2006, and 2008.
The rock duo received the Brit Awards in 2004 for the category of the Best International Group out of six nominations. They received the Shockwaves NME Awards in 2004 for their single, Seven Nation Army. The White Stripes won the MTV Video Music Awards for Breakthrough Video for Fell In Love With A Girl in 2002. In the following year, they received the MTV Europe Music Awards for Best Rock. Apart from these, the duo was nominated for Q Awards, NME Awards USA, Kerrang Awards, and American Music Awards several times but could not win any of them.
|Birth Name||Megan Martha White|
|Birth Date||December 10, 1974 (Age 46)|
|Birth Place||Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan, USA|
|Other Names||Meg White|
|Parent(s)||Catherine White, Walter Hackett White Jr.|
|High School||Grosse Pointe North High School|
|College||Did not attend|
|Education||High school graduate|
|Profession||Singer, Drummer, Musician|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches|
|Spouse(s)||Jack White (1996-2000)|
Jackson Smith (2009-2013)
|Children||Scarlett Teresa White and Henry lee White|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$6 million|
What does Meg White do?
- Meg White is a singer and musician. While attending high school, she decided to become a chef and started working in Memphis Smoke’s eatery. There, the chef met Jack White, and both started dating. The duo formed the rock band The White Stripes in 1997. After two years of formation, the duo successfully released their self-named first album in 1999. In the following year, the rock band came up with their second album, De Stijl. White Blood Cells was their third album that was released in 2001.
- The success of these albums was followed by the release of their next album, Elephant, in 2003. The album brought numerous recognitions to the musicians. In 2005, the duo released their next studio album, Get Behind Me Satan. Their sixth album titled Icky Thump was released in the following year. In 2011, the White Stripes officially broke up.
What is Meg White’s physical appearance?
- Meg White is a 46 years old former musician. She is 5.5 feet tall and has a body weight of 56 kg. White has grey eyes and black hair. She attended Grosse Pointe North High School. Her parents’ are Catherine White and Walter Hackett White Jr. The singer has an elder sister named Heather White.
What is Meg White’s relationship status at present?
- Meg White is divorced and possibly single at the moment. Jack White was her first husband, whom she married in 1996. The couple separated in 2000. Meg then married Jackson Smith in 2009. But unfortunately, they got divorced in 2013. The singer-drummer has two kids- Scarlett Teresa White and Henry Lee White.
What is Meg White’s net worth?
- Meg White’s net worth is eight million dollars at present.
- Meg White was a vocalist and drummer in the White Stripes.
- She is 46 years old now.
- Her birth sign is Sagittarius.
View this post on Instagram