Veteran Actor James Hong
James Hong is a veteran actor, producer, and director of the Hollywood movie and television industry. He has spent 50 successful years in the industry and is still working hard. His hard work and determination have earned him respect and fame. His 17k followers on his Facebook page is still increasing every day.
Being 92-years old, Hong has had a long career in the glamorous industry. He is famously known for his acting skills in Chinatown, Airplane, Blade Runner, Balls of Fury, and many more commendable movies. He has also given his voice to many characters in films like Mulan, Jackie Chan Adventures, Kung Fu Panda, etc. Hong has been a part of many video games roles like Sleeping Dogs, Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
Hong is said to be one of the most creative and talented English-speaking actors ever. His contribution in establishing East West Players, a working theatre in the United States that has set a record for running for the most extended period yet, has also been applauded. This theatre encourages Asian-American talents of the industry.
Hong has been nominated for awards several times and has given a never-die spirit attitude towards work for younger generations. They have got a lot to learn from his enthusiasm and dedication towards work even at this age.
|Birth Name||James Hong|
|Born||February 22, 1929 (Age 92)|
|Profession||Producer, actor, director|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (177 cm)|
|Weight||70 kg or 166 lbs|
|High School||Minneapolis Central High School|
|College||University of Southern California|
|Net Worth||$8 million|
Wayne’s World 2
What is the success story of James Hong?
- Hong studied civil engineering and gradually became interested in acting. He used to work as a road engineer and act during vacations. Soon he left his job and started acting as a full-fledged actor. He started his acting career in the 1950s when he dubbed several Asian movies and the famous Godzilla, King of the Monsters. He appeared in the game show You Bet Your Life alongside Groucho Marx. Hong did a role in Walt Disney’s Zorro, Warner Brothers Hawaiian Eye, ABC series Adventures in Paradise, and The Islanders.
- Hong’s most famous role was the immortal ghost sorcerer in Big Trouble in Little China, 1986, his role in Blade Runner, in Chinatown, The Two Jakes, and Black Widow. He has done more films than any other actor in the industry.
- Hong was honored with the Walk of Fame Class of 2022 and other famous personalities like Carrie Fisher and Michael B. Jordan.
What is the physical appearance of James Hong?
James Hong is 5 ft 10 inches tall. It is said that his height has reduced a bit due to age. His black hair and black eyes suit his enigmatic personality. Hong weighs 70 kgs, and there is no news of any tattoos on his body.
What is the relationship status of James Hong?
Hong married Pearl Huang in 1967. However, they separated in 1973, and Hong married Susan (nee Tong) again in 1977. They have a daughter together.
What is the net worth of James Hong?
Hong has spent 50 years in the film industry and has done more than 500 movies, video games, and television shows. He used to be the president of the Association of Asian/Pacific American Artists. His works have successfully given him immense success and wealth and a net worth of $8 million.
- Hong had given an audition for a role in the movie Star Trek in 1966. However, he was turned down.
- He was nominated four times for Oscars in the Best Picture category- Love is a Many-Splendored Thing in 1955, The Sand Pebbles in 1966, Chinatown in 1974, and Bound for Glory in 1976.
- Hong was given the credit of appearing in more movies than any other actor in the industry by CNN in 2020.
- Four of his films-Flower Drum Song, Chinatown, Airplane, and Blade Runner-have been chosen for being culturally, historically, and aesthetically significant.