James Charles: James Charles (born May 23, 1999) is one of the most famous YouTuber, vloggers and makeup artists. He was the first male brand ambassador of a famous cosmetic brand. CoverGirl alongside megastar Katy Perry. He has also got equal popularity from social media platforms like Instagram and YouTube.Charles is best known for his YouTube channel, which he first launched in 2015 in high school. He has since grown to become the most popular beauty-related YouTube channel. The internet personality has done make-up for celebrities like Kylie Jenner and Iggy Azalea.
He currently has over 23 million subscribers on YouTube and over 24 million followers on Instagram. He has over 2 billion total views on his YouTube channel. Charles is from Bethlehem, New York. In 2017, he graduated from Bethlehem Central High School. He is also famous for his online controversies and spats with other YouTubers.
He changed the wave of YouTube with makeup videos and gained success with a vibrant personality. His career has included multiple online controversies, including a widely publicized feud with fellow beauty YouTuber Tati Westbrook in 2019. Discover James’s height, weight, net worth, relationship, and full bio down below.
|Born||May 23, 1999 (23 years old)|
|Profession||YouTuber, Make up Artist|
|Height||174 cm (in centimetres)
1.74 m (in meters)
5 feet 8 inches (in feet and inches)
|Weight||63 kgs (in kilograms)
138 lbs (in pounds)
|Net Worth||$12 million|
|Profiles||Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube|
What was James Charles’s profession before becoming YouTuber?
- Before joining the wave of YouTube, he was regularly working as a hairstylist. He left the job due to being creatively restrained and started sharing make-up videos on social media.
What is James Charles famous for?
As YouTuber –
- In December 2015, he started his YouTube career predominantly sharing makeup videos and tutorials. He has a unique and vibrant personality which has generated his fans all over the world. He currently has over 23 million subscribers, and he is one of the most talked-about personalities on YouTube, with over 2 billion views.
- In April 2020, his new YouTube series started titled “Instant Influencer” to find the next beauty influencer in the YouTube industry.
- But this YouTube wave has also led him to many unnecessary controversies, and he became the first Youtuber to lose a million subscribers in 24 hours.
As Makeup Artist –
- He went viral when he shared pictures of his prom pictures where his ring light gave it a popping highlight. Many fans and big makeup celebrities were blown away by the creativity and uniqueness of the picture. He is also the face of the famous “So Lashyl” by BlasPro Mascara.
- He then became the first male spokesperson for cosmetic brand Covergirl in October 2016. He also opened the UK store in Birmingham called “Morphe Cosmetics ” in January 2019. In March of the same year, he appeared in Iggy Azalea music video for Sally Walker. He also did make up on Iggy for the same video.
What is the height of James Charles?
- James Charles stands at the height of 5 feet 8 inches and 63 kgs. He has black colour hair and his eyes colour are brown. His zodiac sign is Gemini.
- He came out as gay when he was 12 years old. His parents supported him, but he was always subject to bullying in his everyday life. He was interested in makeup from a very early age, and his father helps him fulfil his passion, where he gave Charles his own glam room and house.
Is James Charles single?
- As of 2020, he is currently single. It is rumoured he has had at least one relationship previously, but nothing has been known of his private life till now. He was linked with Grayson Dovan by the tabloids, but he has not commented anything on it. He was also stated dating fellow YouTuber Aaron Fuller, but this information also has not been materialized.
View this post on Instagram
- In 2017, he was heavily criticized for making insensitive comments about Ebola and African people. He later released a public apology and addressed his insensitiveness.
- 2 years later, he was involved in another controversy for making transphobic remarks. He stated he may not have been openly gay and liked girls and trans persons in the past. Many fans accused him of using sexual orientation to gain fame and money, and they also believed Charles was not fully honest with his fans.
- What happened with James Charles and Tati Westbrook? Tati Westbrook, a long-time collaborator with James Charles, uploaded an ost 45-minute video titled Bye Sister in May 2019. She accused James of being an emotional manipulator and disloyal to his fans. Fans were outraged, and James lost 1 million subscribers in 24 hours.
- James later made a video titled Tati, apologizing to West brook and his fans, but it didn’t reduce fans’ anger towards him, and the video was one of the most disliked videos in YouTube history. James also made a second video titled “No more Lies”. The video was almost 45 minutes long, and it countered every claim of Westbrooks.
- The detailed video gained his lost fans back, and Tati was heavily criticized. Tati later claimed Shane Dawson and Jeffree star manipulated her to make the first video.
- Several 15- to 17-year-old boys accused Charles of sending them unwanted nude images and pressing them to sext with him in early 2021.
What is the net worth of James Charles?
- The mega YouTuber has over 17 million subscribers, and she is also well renowned in the make-up industry. His primary source of income tends to be from her brand sales, advertisers, and paid sponsorship. As of 2020, he has an estimated net worth of approximately $12 million.
- James Charles was the first male spokesperson of CoverGirl.
- He openly came out as gay when he was 12 years old.
- He was involved in one of YouTube’s biggest controversies where he made a record of losing 1 million subscribers in 24 hours.
- His net worth as of 2020 is approximately $12 million.
- James Charles and Nicocado Avocado are two famous gay American YouTubers known for their controversies.
- Charles performed a cover of “Drivers License” in January 2021.
Image Credit – @JamesCharles Instagram