- Advertisement -
Huma Saleem Qureshi is an Indian film actress and model who appeared mainly in Bollywood films. She was born on 28 July 1986 into a Muslim family in New Delhi, India. She completed her bachelor’s in History Honours from the Gargi College—University of Delhi. Later, she joined the Act 1 theatre group and performed in few theatre productions. She has worked with several NGOs and assisted a documentary filmmaker.
Qureshi has worked with several NGOs and assisted a documentary filmmaker. After working in several theatrical productions, she moved to Mumbai and signed a two-year contract with Hindustan Unilever to appear in television commercials. During the shoot for a Samsung mobile commercial, Anurag Kashyap noticed her acting ability and signed her for a three-film deal with his company. Qureshi made her film debut with a supporting role in the crime drama Gangs of Wasseypur (2012), directed by Anurag Kashyap. Later, she appeared in Shorts (2013), the black comedy Dedh Ishqiya (2014), the revenge drama Badlapur (2015), and the Marathi road drama Highway (2015), and featured briefly in the collaborative film X: Past Is Present (2015).
- Advertisement -
Huma Saleem Qureshi made a debut in the Malayalam film industry with the movie White (2016). She also starred alongside Akshay Kumar in the movie Jolly LLB 2(2017). She also did a Tamil movie with Rajnikanth named Kaala (2018). She also played the title character in the Netflix series Leila (2019). It was loved by the critics, and her performance was praised.
Huma Saleem Qureshi’s Basic Personal Info
|Name ||Huma Saleem Qureshi|
|Born ||28 July 1986 (31 years)|
|Birth Sign ||Leo|
|Country ||New Delhi, India|
|Height ||5ft 7in ,170 cm,1.70 m|
|Weight ||62 kg,137 lbs|
|Hair Color ||Black|
|Eye Color ||Black|
|Father ||Saleem Qureshi (Restaurateur)|
|Mother ||Ameena Qureshi|
|Net Worth ||4 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Gangs of Wasseypur (2012)|
|Debut TV||Upanishad Ganga|
|College||Gargi College, University of Delhi, Delhi|
|Body Measurements|| |
|Favourite Food||Shaami Kebab, Kheer Kadam, Mishti Doi, Walnut Pie, Rabri, Gaajar ka Halwa, Sushi, Galauti, Malai Tikkas, Afghani Methi,|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood: Kagaz Ke Phool, Om Shanti Om|
Hollywood: Harry Met Sally, Titanic, Blue Valentine
|Favourite Actor||Ranbir Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan|
|Favourite Fashion||Zara, Varun Behl|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
|Hobbies||Reading autobiographies and biographies, swimming.|
- Samsung Mobile (with Aamir Khan), Nerolac (with Shah Rukh Khan), Vita Marie, Saffola Oil, Mederma Cream and Pears Soap.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- Actor Rishi Kapoor and Huma Saleem Qureshi have to clarify the intention of one of the tweets after courting flak from users of the micro-blogging platform when Rishi Kapoor joked about her weight on her birthday.
- There was gossip about Huma closeness to Sohail Khan when he gave her some expensive gifts. Later, Huma criticized this rumour on Twitter and clarified that Sohail is like a brother to her.
- As part of their ‘Be unstoppable’ campaign, Huma Qureshi covered Femina holding a mannequin in her hand. The cover suggested that a curvy body is an acceptable female figure, and one should feel comfortable in her own body type. While it got praises, the photoshoot also faced flak for promoting ‘unhealthy’ body types.
- There was speculation that Huma was the reason behind Anurag Kashyap and Kalki Koechlin split when pictures of her hugging Anurag at screening were splashed across papers, channels and websites. She later clarified, writing, “For the record, I am friends with both Anurag and Kalki. A few days ago, when Kalki came for the premiere of my movie, we hugged each other warmly. It’s surprising that me hugging Kalki doesn’t get noticed by people, but when I meet Anurag, we are having an affair?! There were many people from the film industry at the screening and I met everyone the same way I met Anurag, but those pictures don’t get published. I meet all my friends warmly, so now am I having an affair with all of them? I think it’s irresponsible and insensitive to constantly create such rumours. It ends up causing unnecessary and harmful damage, both professionally and personally.”
- Huma was a geek in her school and college days.
- During a Samsung Mobile commercial shoot, director Anurag Kashyap was impressed with her acting ability and promised to use her in a film.
- On her body shape, she says. “The health is an amazing gift from God and does not emphasize on size zero. “
- In 2008, she moved to Mumbai to audition for film roles, auditioning for a film Junction which was never made.
- Before she came to Bollywood, she was a theatre artist and a model.
- A restaurant called “Vatika” in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, serves a dish named after Huma.
- She played the role of Geeta in the movie Army of the Dead (2020), which is an English film.
- She also had a cameo appearance in the film Ghoomketu (2020).
- 2012:BIG Star Entertainment Awards for Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut—Female
- 2012: South African Film and Television Awards for Debut Actor of the Year—Female
- 2012: South Asian Rising Star Film Awards for Best Supporting Actress
- 2012: Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (Special Mention for Shorts)
- 2015: Stardust Awards for Breakthrough Supporting Performance—Female (Dedh Ishqiya)
|Phone Number ||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
|E-mail ||Not Available|
|Website ||Update soon|
Social Media Profile
View this post on Instagram
People Also Search For Ameesha Patel and Mallika Sherawat
- Advertisement -