Ameesha Patel is an Indian actress and model who predominantly appears in Bollywood films. She has also appeared in a few Telugu and Tamil films. She was born on 9 June 1975 in Mumbai. Patel’s career began as an economic analyst at Khandwala Securities Limited after graduation. She made her acting debut in the 2000 romantic thriller film Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai, Patel also won critical praise for her performance in Gadar: Ek Prem Katha (2001), which became one of the biggest hits in the history of Hindi cinema. Her performance in the 2006 film Ankahee received critical recognition. She was co-starred with Akshay Kumar in Bhool Bhulaiyaa. Rediff featured Patel as one of the top Bollywood actresses of 2001. Patel is frequently cited as one of the “sexiest” Bollywood actresses of all time.
Apart from acting, Patel has also modelled for well-known Indian brands such as Bajaj Sevashram, Fair & Lovely, Cadburys Jai Lime, Fem, Lux and many more. In 2011, she founded her own production company Ameesha Patel Productions.
She played the role of a movie star in the comedy action movie Bhaiaji Superhit (2019) with her co-star being Sunny Deol. However, the film was not much appreciated by the critics. She also entered Big Boss 13 in 2019 as the Malkin of the house and was seen giving various tasks to the housemates. She even announced a Punjabi movie under her own Production house in the year 2020 named Fauji Band.
Ameesha Patel’s Basic Personal Info
|Born||9 June 1975 (45 Years)|
|Country||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height||5ft 4in,162 cm,1.62 m|
|Weight||54 kg,119 lbs|
Dated : Vikram Bhatt (1999-2008) (Filmmaker)
Kanav Puri (2008-10) (London-based businessman)
|Net Worth||35 million USD|
|Debut Movie||Bollywood- Kaho Na Pyaar Hai (2000)|
Telugu- Badri (2000)
Tamil- Pudhiya Geethai (2003)
|School||Cathdral and John Connom School, Mumbai|
|College||Tuffs University, Bboston, USA|
|– Waist||26 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||36 inches|
|Favorite Food||Home-made food, Chinese, Thai|
|Favorite Film||Qyamat Se Qyamat Tak|
|Favorite Destination||Lonodn, Paris and Amsterdam|
|Favorite Color||White, Black|
|Favorite Actor||Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Angeline Jolie, Julia Robert, Madhuri Dixit|
|Favorite Singer||Jagjit Singh, Sonu Nigham|
Bajaj Sevashram, Fair & Lovely, Cadburys Jai Lime, Fem, Lux Soap, Almond Drops Hair Oil, PurePlus Ghee
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- In August 2006, an Air India employee had filed a police complaint, alleging that Patel had misbehaved with her after her companion was not upgraded to first class on the Mumbai-New York flight on 18 August.
- In July 2004, Patel sent a legal notice to her father for mismanaging her accounts and assets amounting to Rs 120 million and demanding the money back.
- She leant Bharatnayam when she was only five years old.
- Her birth name is a blend of the first three letters of her father’s name Amit and the last three letters of her mother’s name Asha.
- She joined Satyadev Dubey’s theatre group and acted in plays, including an Urdu language play titled Neelam(1999), that was written by Tanveer Khan.
- In February 2005, along with other Bollywood stars, Patel performed at the HELP! Telethon Concertraising money for the victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake.
- She also took part in the Temptations 2005charity function in New Delhi on 24 December 2005 at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in aid of the National Centre for Promotion of Employment of Disabled Persons (NCPEDP), a leading disabled rights’ group.
- In November 2006, Patel joined an NGO called PlanetRead, which helps people in villages to learn reading through film songs.
- In October 2007, Patel along with John Abraham and Kirron Kher joined the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) to curb human trafficking in India.
- In September 2010, Mumbai Mirrorreported that Patel broke off the relationship with her long-time boyfriend Kanav Puri, to focus on her career.
|2001||Zee Cine Best Female Debut Award- Kaho Na… Pyaar Hai|
|2001||Sansui Face of the Year Award – Kaho Na… Pyaar Hai|
|2001||Annual Filmgoers Best Female Debut- Kaho Na… Pyaar Hai|
|2001||Kalashree Sensational Discovery Award- Kaho Na… Pyaar Hai|
|2002||Filmfare Special Performance Award- Gadar: Ek Prem Katha|
|2002||Annual Filmgoers Best Actress: Gadar Ek Prem Katha|
|2014||Ghanta Award for Worst Supporting Actress- Race 2 & Shortcut Romeo|
View this post on Instagram
|Address||51 Shakar Building opposite to the Sydenham B-road Church Gate, Mumbai|
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile