Mallika Sherawat is an Indian actress known for her bold onscreen attitude in films, works in Hindi, English and Chinese language films. Sherawat was born Reema Lamba in Moth, a small village in Hisar district of Haryana, to a Jat family. Before entering films, Sherawat appeared in television commercials with Amitabh Bachchan for BPL and Shahrukh Khan for Santro. She also appeared in Nirmal Pandey’s “Maar Dala” and Surjit Bindrakhia’s “Lak Tunoo” music video.
Mallika was born as Reema Lamba to a Jat family. Mallika did her schooling at Delhi Public School, Mathura Road. She completed her degree in philosophy from Miranda House, Delhi University. She is one of the few Bollywood stars trying to cross over to Hollywood. T’s have been reported that she was married to a Jet Airways pilot.
She debuted in films with a small role in Jeena Sirf Merre Liye. She made her first lead appearance notice in the 2003 film, Khwahish. Later, she appeared in the successful erotic thriller Murder (2004), romantic comedy Pyaar Ke Side Effects (2006), Aap Ka Suroor – The Real Love Story, Welcome (both 2007), Double Dhamaal (2011). Some of the best movies of Malaika Sherawat are- Double Dhamaal opposite Sanjay Dutt and Kangna Ranaut, Tezz with Ajay Devgan, Kismat Love Paisa Dilli, Dirty Politics, Thumri, Time Raiders. Malika Sherawat also held Sawayamber for herself, searching for a perfect Life partner for her.
Sherawat is one of the few Bollywood stars trying to crossover to Hollywood. In 2005, Sherawat acted in The Myth, a Chinese film co-starring Jackie Chan. In 2009, Sherawat starred in a Hollywood film named Hisss, co-starring Irrfan Khan and directed by Jennifer Lynch. On 14 August 2009, Sherawat received honorary citizenship from Los Angeles to recognise her career achievements and charitable work.
Mallika Sherawat’s Basic Personal Info
|Name||Mallika Sherawat / Reema Lamba|
|Born||24th October 1976|
|Country||Moth, Hirsa, Haryana, India|
|Father||Mukesh Kumar Lamba|
|Spouse||Karan Singh Gill [divorced]|
|Net Worth||$20 million|
|Debut Movie||Hindi- Jeena Sirf Mere Liye (2002)
Chinese- The Myth (2005)
Tamil- Dasavathaaram (2008)
English- Hiss (2010)
|Debut TV||Sarabhai vs Sarabhai (2005)|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|School||Delhi Public School, New Delhi|
|College||Miranda House, Delhi University|
|Father||Mukesh Kumar Lamba|
|Sibling||Brother- Vikram Lamba|
|Spouse Name||Karan Singh Pill (Pilot, 2000-01)|
|Boyfriend Dated||Cyrille Auxenfans|
|– in cms||168 cm|
|-in meters||1.68 m|
|-in feet inches||5’6”|
|-in KG||52 kg|
|-in Pounds||115 lbs|
|– Waist||26 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||36 inches|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Favourite Food||Multigrain toast|
|Favourite Film||Underground (Hollywood)|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
View this post on Instagram
- 7up, BPL etc.
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- A Poster of Mallika Sherawat sitting atop an ambassador car with the Tricolour draped around her has been released for ‘Dirty Politics’, which created much flak around the nation.
- When Antonio announced his divorce from his wife of 18 years, Mallika was considered the reason behind their split, and she had apparently been on vacation with Antonio. However, she denied all the rumours.
- In an interview, she said that India is a regressive country for a woman to live in. This didn’t go down well with the critics who bashed her for the same.
- She had become a target of Tamil Nadu’s moral police for apparently wearing a revealing dress at the audio launch of ‘Dasavatharam’.
- Her topless photo in the film Hisss created controversy. Though, later she clarified that she was wearing a bodysuit.
- She adopted the screen name of “Mallika”, meaning “empress”, to avoid confusion with other actresses named Reema.
- She worked as an air hostess before she started acting in films.
- She did 17 kisses with her co-star Himanshu Malik in the film Khwahish which gave a lot of limelight.
- The diamond she wore at Cannes Film Festival in 2005 was worth 4.5 crores by Orra Diamonds.
- She is a vegetarian.
- She was offered to pose nude for Playboy Magazine, but she refused to get rejection in the Bollywood industry.
- She had to face hatred and trolls in the Cannes festivals. However, she pinned it down by stating that Indians cannot see women progressing.
- The actress was also trolled for performing 17 kisses in the movie, Khwahish with Emran Hashmi.
- 2008: 16th Annual Diversity Renaissance Artist Award
- 2011: Gotham Screen Film Festival & Screenplay Contest Best Actress Award- Hisss
- 2015: 23rd Kalakar International Youth Icon Award
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile