Who is Dana Carvey?
Dana Thomas Carvey is an American actor, screenwriter, stand-up comedian, producer, and impressionist. He was born on 2nd June 1955. He was popular for his work in Saturday Night Live as a cast member from 1986 to 1993. He has also appeared in famous comedy movies like Tough Guys, Trapped in Paradise, Opportunity Knocks, The Master of Disguise and the two sequels of Wayne’s World.
With an inborn flair to become an artist, he performed as a stand-up comedian at several Bay Area clubs after graduating from San Francisco State University. He then moved to Hollywood to pursue a career in comedy. After the initial failure of his early television roles and minor appearances in a few movies, he joined the ‘Saturday Night Live (SNL)’ cast in 1986.
The slightly-built, slightly dorky-looking funny guy was born on June 2, 1955, in Missoula, Montana, to Billie Dahl (McDonald) and Bud Carvey.
He won the San Francisco Stand-Up Comedy Competition in 1977 and made his film debut in 1981’s Halloween II. He created several original characters and developed an unforgettable impersonation of George H. W. Bush.
|Name||Dana Thomas Carvey|
|Born||June 2, 1955|
|Profession||Actor, Screenwriter, Stand-up Comedian, Producer, Impressionist|
|Country||Missoula, Montana, U.S.|
|Ethnicity||German, Swedish, Irish, Norwegian and English|
5 ft 8 in
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Children||Thomas Carvey, Dex Carvey|
- Dana Carvey began his career in the entertainment industry with his small role in the 1981 movie Halloween II. He was also a part of One Of The Boys, a 1982 American sitcom. Throughout his career, he appeared in minor roles for various movies, music videos and television shows before his major break with the movie Tough Guys in 1986.
- His popularity rose, even more when he became a cast member of Saturday Night Live. He played various characters in the show, which helped the show to reverse its decline. For example, Dana Carvey was the assigned imitator of president George Bush during his presidency and election.
- Carvey won Emmy Award for his outstanding work in SNL in 1993. He hosted the show four times in 1994, ’96, 2000, and 2011.
- Carvey’s first stand up for HBO was Critic’s Choice. He also starred in Clean Slate in 1994.
What kept Dana Carvey fit?
- The 65-year-old comedian, although they played comic roles on fitness and strength on television but has been troubled by some health issues in real life.
- Dana Carvey had to undergo a heart bypass surgery in 1977 as he had a blockage in his artery. The surgeon erroneously operated on the unblocked artery due to which he suffered from angina. Although he sued $7.5 million for the damage, Carvey had to go through another surgery to rectify the heart problem.
- Carvey donated the sued amount to a charity.
Also, read about Desiigner.
- Dana Carvey married Leah Carvey, his childhood sweetheart, in 1979. But in 1980, the couple divorced each other when Dana Carvey got involved with Paula Zwagerman romantically.
- Paula Zwagerman got engaged to Dana Carvey in 1981, and the two married each other in 1983. Dana Carvey and Paula Zwagerman have two sons Thomas Carvey and Dex Carvey.
Dana Carvey’s net worth is estimated to be $20 Million. A stand-up comedian bought his property in Ross for $ 3.75 million in 1999 and is now worth $6 million approximately.
- Dana Carvey is a famous engineer, Brad Carvey’s brother. Brad Carvey is best known as the engineer and designer of Video Toaster. Dana Carvey’s Saturday Night Live role of Garth Algar was slightly based on Brad Covey’s brother.
- Carvey currently resides in a city of Marin Country called Mill Valley in California, along with his family.