Chris Benoit was a celebrated Canadian wrestler who wrestled in World Wrestling Entertainment, World Championship Wrestling, and Extreme Championship Wrestling.
Who is Chris Benoit?
Christopher Michael Benoit, popularly known by his ring name Chris Benoit, was a famous wrestler hailing from Canada. Starting his career professionally in 1985, he has ruled various wrestling platforms such as World Wrestling Entertainment, World Championship Wrestling, Extreme Championship Wrestling, and New Japan Pro-Wrestling for 22 long years. But his career was doomed due to his unfortunate death in 2007. Benoit has received several recognitions in his career. In 2002, the Cauliflower Alley Club honored him with the Future Legend Award.
The wrestler won the Catch Wrestling Association World Tag Team Championship with Dave Taylor. He has won 15 World Wrestling Entertainment titles in his career. Pro Wrestling Illustrated named him Feud of the Year, Match of the Year, and Wrestler of the Year in 2004. The wrestler won the Stampede British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight Championship four times. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter named him the Best Technical Wrestler five times in 1994, 1995, 2000, 2003, and 2004. The media outlet called Benoit, the Most Outstanding Wrestler, in 2000 and 2004. In 2003, he was inducted into the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame. Aside from these, the wrestler won nine World Championship Wrestling titles.
|Birth Name||Christopher Michael Benoit|
|Birth Date||May 21, 1967|
|Birth Place||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Death Date||24 June 2007 (Aged 40)|
|Death Place||Fayetteville, Georgia, USA|
|Other Names||Chris Benoit, The Pegasus Kid, Wild Pegasus|
|Parent(s)||Margaret Benoit, Michael Benoit|
|High School||O’Leary Catholic High School|
|Active Years||1985- 2007|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches|
|Eye color||Light brown|
|Hair color||Dark brown|
|Relationship||Married before death|
|Spouse(s)||Martina Benoit (divorced in 1997)
Nancy Benoit (2000-2007)
|Children||David Benoit, Daniel Benoit, Megan Benoit|
|Social Media Handles||Twitter, Instagram|
|Net worth||$500 Thousand|
What was Chris Benoit’s profession?
- Chris Benoit was a renowned wrestler from Canada. In childhood, he was inspired by wrestlers like Tom Billington and Bret Hart. He dreamt of being a professional wrestler. Benoit participated in local wrestling contests in his teenage years, which led him to debut professionally in the Stampede Wrestling. He was an aggressive player who gained the attention of the audience in no time.
- Some of his signature moves are the dragon suplex, lariat, gut-wrench suplex, sharpshooter, and diving headbutt. The wrestler got a chance to participate in the New Japan Pro-Wrestling a year after his debut in 1986. In 1992, he fought in the World Championship Wrestling for the first time. Benoit stepped into the World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment in 2000 and was an integral part of the platform until 2007. He became World Heavyweight Champion in 2004 for the first time.
What was Chris Benoit’s height?
Chris Benoit was 5.11 feet tall and had a bodyweight of 104 kg. He was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, on May 21, 1967. The wrestler attended O’Leary Catholic High School. Margaret Benoit and Michael Benoit are his parents.
Was Chris Benoit married?
Chris Benoit’s first wife was Martina Benoit, but they separated in 1997. He then married Nancy Benoit in 2000. The wrestler had three children, namely David Benoit, Daniel Benoit, and Megan Benoit.
How did Chris Benoit die?
Police found Chris Benoit’s body hanged in his residence in Fayetteville, Georgia, on June 24, 2007. They found two more bodies which were identified as Benoit’s wife Nancy and their son Daniel. The investigation clarified the case by proving that Benoit firstly killed his wife and son then hanged himself.
How much did Chris Benoit earn?
Chris Benoit’s net worth was $500 Thousand before death.
- Chris Benoit dies at the age of 40.
- His birth sign was Gemini.
- Benoit was also known as Wild Pegasus.
View this post on Instagram