Shakur Stevenson is a celebrated professional boxer in the USA. He is currently the champion of the World Boxing Organization Interim Junior Lightweight.
Who is Shakur Stevenson?
Ash-Shakur Nafi-Shahid Stevenson, prominently known as Shakur Stevenson, is a notable boxer hailing from the United States of America. He is a young talent whose popularity matches that of the legendary wrestler of all time. Stevenson has a record of not losing even a single game to date. He has fought in 16 matches, among which the boxer knocked out the opponent in eight games.
He won the WBO interim junior lightweight championship in June 2021 and is the defending champion. Stevenson has fought against boxers such as David Michel Paz, Jeremiah Nakathila, Toka Khan Clary, Jessie Cris Rosales, Roxberg Patrick Riley, Christopher Diaz, etc. The Youngster won the gold medal in the Youth World Championships in 2014 held in Sofia, Bulgaria.
In the same year, the boxer secured gold in the Youth Olympic Games held in Nanjing, China. Stevenson got the chance to participate in the 2016 Summer Olympics held in Rio de Janeiro. He did not disappoint his country and won silver in the bantamweight boxing competition. The boxer has also taken part in the World Series of Boxing. He played two matches and won them all against world-class fighters.
|Birth Name||Ash-Shakur Nafi-Shahid Stevenson|
|Birth Date||28 June 1997 (Age 24)|
|Birth Place||Newark, New Jersey, USA|
|Parent(s)||Shahid Guyton, Malikah Stevenson|
|High School||Bethel High School|
|College||Did not attend|
|Education||High school graduate|
|Active Years||2016- Present|
|Country||United States of America|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Eye color||Dark brown|
|Relationship||In a relationship|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$1 million|
What are the career highlights of Shakur Stevenson?
- Shakur Stevenson is a famous American boxer. He followed his grandfather in childhood, who was also a boxer. Following his interest, Stevenson started taking training at an early age. In his amateur career, the fighter emerged as a talented as well as a promising player. Along with winning youth championships, he qualified for the Rio Olympics in 2016. Unfortunately, he lost the tournament’s final match against Cuban boxer Robeisy Ramírez for the gold medal.
- In the World Series of Boxing, Stevenson defeated Peter McGrail and Mohamed Hamout in 2016. In the following year, he signed a deal with the boxing promotional company Top Rank. The boxer fought against Edgar Brito in his first professional match in 2017. He easily defeated his opponent. Stevenson next fought with Argentina’s Carlos Gaston Suarez and beat him with a knockout.
- In October 2019, he fought for the WBO featherweight title against Joet Gonzalez. The audience was fascinated with the boxer’s performance so far, with a winning streak of 12 matches. Stevenson won the championship against Gonzalez. He last wrestled against Jeremiah Nakathila in June 2021. The boxer is going to fight against the American boxer Jamel Herring on 23ed October.
What is Shakur Stevenson’s physical appearance?
Shakur Stevenson is a 24 years old boxer born on 28 June 1997 in Newark, New Jersey, USA. He is 5.8 feet tall and weighs around 57 kg. The fighter has dark brown eyes and black hair. He has a tattoo on his arm.
Is Shakur Stevenson gay?
Shakur Stevenson is straight and is in a relationship with the American rapper Young Lyric. He has not married anybody yet.
What is Shakur Stevenson’s net worth?
Shakur Stevenson is a young and successful boxer. His net worth is $1 million.
- Shakur Stevenson’s birth sign is Cancer.
- Shahid Guyton is his mother.
- He has nine siblings.
View this post on Instagram