Akshara Haasan is an Indian film actress and assistant director. She was born on 12 October 1991 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, and she is the daughter of veteran actors Kamal Haasan and Sarika Thakur and the younger sister of Shruti Haasan. Akshara has worked as an assistant director to Rahul Dholakia on the 2010 film Society starring her mother, Sarika. She made her acting debut in Hindi film with the comedy-drama Shamitabh in 2015; she appeared in Laali Ki Shaadi Mein Laaddoo Deewana (2017). She made her Tamil debut in Vivegam in 2017.
Akshara Haasan completed her school level education from three different schools. She attended Abacus Montessori School, Lady Andal in Chennai, Beacon High School in Mumbai and Indus International School in Bangalore. Haasan is an atheist. Although, she agrees with Buddhism and describes it as a way of life and in an individual’s way of life.
Akshara Hasan starred alongside Vikram and Abi Hassan in Kadaram Kondan (2019) movie, which received a 68% rating on IMDB. She also featured in movies such as Veer-Vevegam (2018) and Commando (2018), which did fairly well.
Akshara Haasan Personal Info
|Born||12 October 1991 (26 Years)|
|Profession||Actress, Assistant Director|
|Country||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Height||5ft 5in,165 cm,1.65 m|
|Father||Kamal Haasan (Actor, Filmmaker)|
|Mother||Sarika Haasan (Actress)|
|Net Worth||100,000 $ -1 million $|
Akshara Haasan Career Highlights
|Debut Movie||Hindi- Shamitabh (2015)
Tamil- Vivegam (2017)
|School||Abacus Montessori School, Chennai Lady Andal, Chennai
Beacon High School, Mumbai & Indus International High School
|– Waist||27 inches|
|– Biceps/Hips||33 inches|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood- Parzania, Club 60, Raaj Tilak, Chachi 420,
|Favourite Color||Black, Navy Blue|
|Favourite Actor||Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hank, Jim Carrey|
|Favourite Actress||Audrey Hepburn, Deepika Padukone|
Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes
View this post on Instagram
Controversies & Interesting Facts
- During the trailer launch event of the film Shamitabh in 2015, she suffered an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction.
- During a promotional event for Laali Ki Shaadi Mein Laddoo Deewana, she got angry at the entire team and media. She felt that the promotional strategy wasn’t done in the right way.
- She started dancing when I was eight, learning jazz in Chennai. Then she moved to Latin ballroom – cha, salsa, jive, hip hop and ballet. She is also trained for a year in two classical styles as well – Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi.
- There was a report that Akshara has changed her religion and turned it into Buddhism. So, she took her Twitter to clarify that she is still an atheist. However, she agrees with Buddhism and describes it as “a way of life and in an individual’s way of life.
- Haasan has worked as an assistant director to Rahul Dholakia on the 2010 film Societystarring her mother, Sarika.
- During her stint as an assistant director, she rejected opportunities to feature as an actress, notably turning down an offer to work in Mani Ratnam’s
- She is a huge fan of Michael Jackson and considers him as her inspiration.
- In a new interview with Tanuj Virwani, he revealed that he was upset and disappointed with Akshara Hasan when she did not defend him when he was accused of leaking her private pictures back in 2008.
|Phone Number||Not Share Publicly|
|Mobile Number||Not Share Publicly|
Social Media Profile