Teri Garr is a distinguished American actress, singer, dancer, and comedian. Her autobiography, Speedbumps: Flooring It Through Hollywood, was released in 2006
Who is Teri Garr?
Teri Ann Garr is one of the most celebrated actresses, singers, comedians, and dancers in the USA who has worked in the entertainment industry for almost 60 years. She is a multi-talented personality and has delivered the best during her professional career. Garr is a well-known face in TV and films too. Her popular films are Tootsie, Pajama Party, Girl Happy, The Conversation, Young Frankenstein, Honky Tonk Freeway, The Escape Artist, Let It Ride, and others. The actress has appeared in TV shows like Mr. Novak, Shindig!, The Action Is, The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour, The Girl with Something Extra, The Sonny and Cher Show, Good & Evil, etc.
Garr has won several awards in her career. In 1978, She was nominated by the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films for the Saturn Award. In 1983, the versatile actress was nominated for the National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Supporting Actress and CableACE Award in a Dramatic Presentation. In the same year, she was nominated for the prestigious Academy Award or Oscar for the Best Actress in a Supporting Role in Tootsie. Garr was nominated for the BAFTA Film Award in 1984.
|Birth Name||Teri Ann Garr|
|Birth Date||December 11, 1944 (Age 76)|
|Birth Place||Lakewood, Ohio, USA|
|Other Names||Teri Garr|
|Parent(s)||Edward Garr Sr., Phyllis Garr|
|Sibling(s)||Edward Garr Jr., Philip Garr|
|High School||North Hollywood High School|
|College||California State University|
|Profession||Actress, singer, dancer, and comedian|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Spouse(s)||John O’Neil (1993-1996)|
|Social Media Handles||N/A|
|Net worth||$4 million|
What is Teri Garr’s profession?
- Teri Garr is a renowned actress and comedian in the American entertainment industry. She is mostly known for portraying comic characters in movies and TV series. Being the daughter of a noted actor offered Garr a solid base for her career. She debuted with the 1963 film Fun in Acapulco, but she was not credited. Garr is also a professional dancer, which added perks to the opportunities that she received in the future. Her first credited film, Pajama Party, was acquired in 1964.
- In the same year, the actress made her TV debut in the drama series Mr. Novak. She played the role of a dancer in the series Shindig!. Garr gradually received many opportunities to be a part of hit films afterward. She usually played supporting roles in movies and series.
- In 1969, the actress played a role of a waitress in the film Changes. She played an influential role in the Francis Ford Coppola-directed mystery thriller movie The Conversation in 1974. In the same year, the actress was featured in Young Frankenstein. Garr played the role of Sandy in the 1982 romantic-comedy Tootsie directed by Sydney Pollack. In the following year, the actress portrayed one of the lead roles of Caroline Butler in Mr. Mom. Garr appeared in the 1985 black comedy After Hours. Apart from these, she made several appearances in The Tonight Show, Starring Johnny Carson and Late Night with David Letterman.
How does Teri Garr look?
Teri Garr is a 76 years old actress and comedian. She weighs around 70 kg and has a height of 5.7 feet. The actress has brown eyes and blonde hair. Garr attended North Hollywood High School but dropped out of California State University.
Is Teri Garr married?
Teri Garr married John O’Neil in 1993, but they separated in 1996. The couple has a child named Molly O’Neill.
How much does Teri Garr earn?
Teri Garr’s net worth is $4 million.
- Teri Garr’s birth sign is Sagittarius.
- She is a college dropout.
- Garr has American nationality.