The Best Caddie, Steve Williams, for the Best Golfers
A professional golfer is incomplete without a caddie. Steve Williams has served as a caddie to prominent golfers. It is not just about helping physically; it is more about giving moral support and advice to the leading players where a caddie steps in.
Born in Wellington, Williams is famously known to assist Jason Day recently. Williams has also helped Tiger Woods as a caddie from 1999 to 2011. Williams was there with Woods mainly when he was the world’s top Golf player. He has also carried clubs for Adam Scott and Peter Thompson. His charitable foundation formed in 2001 helped junior golfers in New Zealand.
This zeal of charity that he did for starters in Golf was appointed as a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit. He was honoured for his services towards Youth sports and recreation in 2007. He has a humanitarian nature. He has also donated a reasonable amount for needy people. Williams is not at all a social person. Therefore, we could not find any social media accounts he used or used.
|Birth Name||Steve Williams MNZM|
|Born||November 29, 1963 (Age 5)|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (172 cm)|
|Weight||76 kg or 167 lbs|
|High School||Not known|
|Net Worth||$20 million|
What is the success story of Steve Williams?
- Williams started his career as a caddie at the age of 6. When he reached the age of 10, he was already caddying on Saturday and Sunday. He also tried playing golf but did not find it interesting. He found caddying more exciting and suitable to his tastes. Williams travelled to Australia when he was a teenager, mostly during his school breaks, to work as a caddie there. At sixteen, he left school and travelled to Europe to work on the European Tour.
- Williams got a chance to become a caddie for famous people. He caddied Australian Ian Baker-Finch, Greg Norman from 1982-1989, and then for Raymond Floyd from 1989-1999.
- In 1999, Williams got hired by Tiger Woods and continued as a caddie from 1999-2011. The world knows that Woods became the top golf player. However, when he got injured, Williams assisted other golfers. He started helping Adam Scott in 2017. Then he went to Danielle Kang, and lastly, he was seen with Jason Day.
What is the physical appearance of Steve Williams?
Williams is 5 ft 8 inches tall with a fit athlete body. He weighs around 76kg. Williams has grey eyes and grey hair, which signifies his experience with age.
What is the relationship status of Steve Williams?
In 1993, Williams married the love of his life, Kristy Williams.
What is the net worth of Steve Williams?
Williams has made a fortune of around $20 million. He assisted famous golfers all his life. He used to earn 15% of Tiger’s tournament prizes. Therefore, during his time with Woods, Williams made more than he achieved with other golfers who gave 5% of their tournament play with a weekly surplus salary. Tiger also gifted Williams expensive gifts and cars. His bonus and salaries have earned him a lavish life.
- William donated NZ $1 million to Starship Children’s Health’s Cancer Ward in 2008.
- There is a rumour that Tiger Woods had gifted ten vehicles to Williams that he won in tournaments.
- William caddied his first significant employer, Peter Thomson, in New Zealand in 1976.
- There is an estimation of around $12 million that William got from his service to Woods alone.