Sommore is a well-known American actress and comedian. Her popularity lies as one of the comedians of the 2001 stand-up comedy film The Queens of Comedy.
Who is Sommore?
Lori Ann Rambough, prominently known by her stage name, Sommore, is a budding comedian and an actor hailing from the United States of America. Highlighting the issue of gender equality, her comedy appearances mainly criticizes society’s perception of the inferiority of women. For her excellence in comedy, she is considered to be the Diva of Contemporary Comedy. Sommore has gained popularity throughout the years for her influential appearances in films and TV series too. Starting her career in the early 1990s, the comedian cum actor has been loved widely for years.
She is chiefly recognized for her stand-up comedy film The Queens of Comedy alongside Laura Hayes, Adele Givens, and Mo’Nique. The film also got a nomination in the Grammy Awards in Best Spoken Comedy Album in 2001. As an actress, the artist featured in movies like Friday After Next, A Miami Tail, Soul Plane, Blunts & Stunts: Class of ’94, Something New, and Dirty Laundry. Sommore’s TV appearances mainly include reality shows- Def Comedy Jam, The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn, The Tom Joyner Show, Hit the Floor, etc. In 1995, The comedian won the prestigious Richard Pryor Award for Comic of the Year.
|Birth Name||Lori Ann Rombough|
|Birth Date||May 15, 1966 (Age 55)|
|Birth Place||Trenton, New Jersey, USA|
|Parent(s)||Doughtry Doc Long|
|High School||McCorristin Catholic High School|
|College||Morris Brown College|
|Active Years||1992- Present|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Social Media Handles|
|Net worth||$1 million|
Why is Sommore famous?
- Before becoming the queen of comedy, Sommore served in different minor positions such as consultant and retailer. The comedian was also interested in writing from a literary background where her father was a literature teacher. Sommore began writing comedy scripts in her teenage which ultimately got paid off in her later career. Studying business has also helped the comedy queen to understand the career scopes of comedy. She started with minor shows of stand-up comedy. She then got the chance to appear in the HBO series Def Comedy Jam by Russel Simmons, followed by another show on the same network titled Showtime at the Apollo.
- She got her breakthrough with the BET show ComicView. She hosted them for a long time and was loved by the audience so much. She got several offers afterwards that included sitcoms The Hughleys and The Parkers. She appeared in The Tom Joyner Show, Something New, and Live at Gotham in 2006. The following year, she featured in three reality shows one vs 100, Flavor of Love 3, Celebrity Fit Club. Sommore’s popular stand-up comedy film came in The Queens of Comedy 2001. She further featured in the 2002 film Friday After Next, A Miami Tail in 2004, Blunts & Stunts: Class of ’94, Something New and Dirty Laundry 2006.
Where did Sommore study?
- She attended McCorristin Catholic High School and graduated in business studies Morris Brown College. She is a 55 years old comedian born on May 15, 1966, in Trenton, New Jersey, USA. Her father’s name is Doughtry Doc Long, but there is no information about her mother. Sommore has a sibling named Nia Long. The comedian has a bodyweight of 70 kg and a height of 5.7 feet. Her birth sign is Taurus.
Is Sommore married?
- She is unmarried and single at the moment, according to the reports. She had a relationship with the actor Earthquake.
How much does Sommore earn?
- She is a celebrated comedian and actress. Her net worth is $1 million.
- Sommore has black eyes.
- The comedian has no tattoo on her body.
- She is 55 years old and is single.
View this post on Instagram