The life of Sheck Wes
Khadimou Rassoul Cheikh Fall, famously known as Sheck Wes, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and professional basketball player. He rose to fame with his 2017 song “Mo Bamba,” which became popular in 2018. He got signed with Kanye West’s record label ‘GOOD MUSIC’ and Travis Scott’s record label ‘Cactus Jack Records.’ He has done modeling assignments for Kanye West’s sneaker line. Wes also gained fame in the fashion field by working in many fashion shows.
Sheck Wes, a Harlem native, is a hip-hop star who rose to fame after releasing his first hit single, “Mo Bamba,” “Live Sheck Wes Die Sheck Wes.” He listened to various genres of music, ranging from DMX to Seun Kuti. He has a tremendous love for old-school music. During his high school days, Wes uploaded his music on various media platforms. He believes in quality over quantity. Wes had a successful career which landed him a joint contract with Kanye West and Travis Scott.
|Born||September 10, 1998|
|Occupation||Rapper, singer, songwriter, basketball player|
|Birth Place||New York|
Cactus Jack Records
How was the early life of Sheck Wes?
- Sheck Wes was born on September 10, 1998, in the Harlem of New York City. His parents were of Senegalese descent. Sheck got raised as a Muslim. When he was five, Wes moved to Milwaukee with his mother, where he lived for nine years, after which he moved back to New York at 14. Sheck began making music at the age of 11 to relax from the stress caused by his troubled childhood. During his high school days, basketball became a main extracurricular activity. He began showing interest in fashion which made him skip playoff games for taking part in the Madison Square Garden opening of the Yeezy Season 3 collection.
- For a while, he moved back to Senegal. The trip was prompted by his mother, who got displeased with Wes’ lifestyle choices. After returning from Africa, he refocused on his music career, which landed Wes an opportunity with Travis Scott and Kanye West.
The success story of Sheck Wes
- Wes rose to fame with his first commercial single, “Mo Bamba,” named after his friend and basketball player Mohamed Bamba along with ” Live Sheck Wes Die Sheck Wes,” released in late 2017 and early 2018. His first official debut Mudboy arrived in October of the same year. He wrote songs that bid war between labels to sign him to a contract. His success with “Mo Bamba” caught the attention of Travis Scott, Drake, and Kanye West, which earned him a deal with Travis Scott’s Jack Records.
- Wes also gained incredible support from Drake, who brought him out as a guest on his Scropin Tour. Sheck’s debut album “Mudboy ” highlighted his several trials and sufferings. His previous tracks “Chippi Chippi” and “Live Sheck Wes” portrayed his life in the inner city.
- Sheck Wes has bright ambitions where he plans to combine all his passions and build a career around music, modeling, fashion design, and basketball. In an interview with Yahoo Entertainment, he quotes, ” I’m not a rose. I’m a mudboy and came from nothing.”
- His first big single hit Mo Bamba released in June 2017, received more than 49 million views on YouTube during the first nine-month of its release on the internet.
Personal And Relationship status
Info On Sheck’s Personal and Relationship status:
Wes is 6 feet and 2 inches in height and weighs around 80kgs. He is currently single, as per the reports. As per CelebsCouples, Sheck Wes had at least one relationship. Sheck likes to keep his personal and love life private.
What is the net worth of rapper Sheck Wes?
Sheck Wes’s net worth is $500 thousand, and his salary is yet to be revealed. Wes earned most of his earnings from his music career.
- Sheck Wes is a model who has done fashion shows with Birkenstock.
- Wes is currently single.
- He started writing songs and formed a local rap group.
- As a rapper, he goes by the name ‘Sheck Jesus.’
- At the age of 16, Wes was selected to model for the Kanye West clothing line.
- At the age of 17, he had started creating music full-time.
View this post on Instagram